Apr 29, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
As the Detroit Red Wings prepare to start their second round series against the San Jose Sharks, they’re getting word tonight that they’ll be getting a big boost to their lineup next season from Chris McCosky of the Detroit News.
Petr Svoboda, the agent for Jiri Hudler, is expected to announce today that his client will be returning to the Wings next season.
Hudler was freed from his contract in Russia when his team, Moscow Dynamo, folded. Hudler has a two-year contract with the Wings worth $2.785 million per year.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)