Apr 29, 2010, 9:09 PM EST
As the Detroit Red Wings prepare to start their second round series against the San Jose Sharks, they’re getting word tonight that they’ll be getting a big boost to their lineup next season from Chris McCosky of the Detroit News.
Petr Svoboda, the agent for Jiri Hudler, is expected to announce today that his client will be returning to the Wings next season.
Hudler was freed from his contract in Russia when his team, Moscow Dynamo, folded. Hudler has a two-year contract with the Wings worth $2.785 million per year.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 14
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)