Apr 29, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
As the Detroit Red Wings prepare to start their second round series against the San Jose Sharks, they’re getting word tonight that they’ll be getting a big boost to their lineup next season from Chris McCosky of the Detroit News.
Petr Svoboda, the agent for Jiri Hudler, is expected to announce today that his client will be returning to the Wings next season.
Hudler was freed from his contract in Russia when his team, Moscow Dynamo, folded. Hudler has a two-year contract with the Wings worth $2.785 million per year.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead