Apr 29, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
As the Detroit Red Wings prepare to start their second round series against the San Jose Sharks, they’re getting word tonight that they’ll be getting a big boost to their lineup next season from Chris McCosky of the Detroit News.
Petr Svoboda, the agent for Jiri Hudler, is expected to announce today that his client will be returning to the Wings next season.
Hudler was freed from his contract in Russia when his team, Moscow Dynamo, folded. Hudler has a two-year contract with the Wings worth $2.785 million per year.
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 1
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 22
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 16
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 7
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 5
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)