Apr 29, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
As the Detroit Red Wings prepare to start their second round series against the San Jose Sharks, they’re getting word tonight that they’ll be getting a big boost to their lineup next season from Chris McCosky of the Detroit News.
Petr Svoboda, the agent for Jiri Hudler, is expected to announce today that his client will be returning to the Wings next season.
Hudler was freed from his contract in Russia when his team, Moscow Dynamo, folded. Hudler has a two-year contract with the Wings worth $2.785 million per year.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)