Apr 28, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
While he was more than busy enough stopping 44 shots on the night in a losing effort, it wasn’t without looking spectacular and even a bit fortunate at times as well, like on his stop of Dan Cleary in the second period.
Ilya Bryzgalov was the last of this year’s Vezina trophy finalists left in the playoffs and he now joins Ryan Miller and Martin Brodeur in having his season end after the first round of the playoffs. All that aside, without Bryzgalov’s intense play tonight, Phoenix loses Game 7 by ten goals and the game is over after 20 minutes.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5