Apr 28, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
While he was more than busy enough stopping 44 shots on the night in a losing effort, it wasn’t without looking spectacular and even a bit fortunate at times as well, like on his stop of Dan Cleary in the second period.
Ilya Bryzgalov was the last of this year’s Vezina trophy finalists left in the playoffs and he now joins Ryan Miller and Martin Brodeur in having his season end after the first round of the playoffs. All that aside, without Bryzgalov’s intense play tonight, Phoenix loses Game 7 by ten goals and the game is over after 20 minutes.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28