Apr 28, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
It seems crazy that Brad Stuart would join Pavel Datsyuk in the same post about scoring the goal of the night but it’s the playoffs and sometimes these things happen, it just doesn’t usually happen that both of these guys would score breakaway goals.
First up, Pavel Datsyuk shows why he’s the master of the “dangle dangle” and in this case, the master of real life stop-motion animation.
Getting hung out to dry like that by his defense was all too common for Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov and to hammer that point home, here’s Brad Stuart on a breakaway after the Red Wings killed off 1:12 worth of 5-on-3 power play for the Coyotes.
That was Coyotes power play specialist defenseman Mathieu Schneider who missed the pass at the point and then dove to try and knock the puck away from Brad Stuart. I’m thinking if Schneider has to dive and sprawl to try and stop Brad Stuart on a breakaway… Well, that’s just bad news for Mathieu Schneider. That aside, this goal was a backbreaker for Phoenix to give up. It broke the rule of allowing a goal in the final minute to kill locker room momentum and it gave the Wings a three goal advantage heading to intermission instead of two.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)