Apr 28, 2010, 10:08 AM EST
It seems crazy that Brad Stuart would join Pavel Datsyuk in the same post about scoring the goal of the night but it’s the playoffs and sometimes these things happen, it just doesn’t usually happen that both of these guys would score breakaway goals.
First up, Pavel Datsyuk shows why he’s the master of the “dangle dangle” and in this case, the master of real life stop-motion animation.
Getting hung out to dry like that by his defense was all too common for Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov and to hammer that point home, here’s Brad Stuart on a breakaway after the Red Wings killed off 1:12 worth of 5-on-3 power play for the Coyotes.
That was Coyotes power play specialist defenseman Mathieu Schneider who missed the pass at the point and then dove to try and knock the puck away from Brad Stuart. I’m thinking if Schneider has to dive and sprawl to try and stop Brad Stuart on a breakaway… Well, that’s just bad news for Mathieu Schneider. That aside, this goal was a backbreaker for Phoenix to give up. It broke the rule of allowing a goal in the final minute to kill locker room momentum and it gave the Wings a three goal advantage heading to intermission instead of two.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 6
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2