Apr 28, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
It seems crazy that Brad Stuart would join Pavel Datsyuk in the same post about scoring the goal of the night but it’s the playoffs and sometimes these things happen, it just doesn’t usually happen that both of these guys would score breakaway goals.
First up, Pavel Datsyuk shows why he’s the master of the “dangle dangle” and in this case, the master of real life stop-motion animation.
Getting hung out to dry like that by his defense was all too common for Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov and to hammer that point home, here’s Brad Stuart on a breakaway after the Red Wings killed off 1:12 worth of 5-on-3 power play for the Coyotes.
That was Coyotes power play specialist defenseman Mathieu Schneider who missed the pass at the point and then dove to try and knock the puck away from Brad Stuart. I’m thinking if Schneider has to dive and sprawl to try and stop Brad Stuart on a breakaway… Well, that’s just bad news for Mathieu Schneider. That aside, this goal was a backbreaker for Phoenix to give up. It broke the rule of allowing a goal in the final minute to kill locker room momentum and it gave the Wings a three goal advantage heading to intermission instead of two.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)