Apr 28, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
It seems crazy that Brad Stuart would join Pavel Datsyuk in the same post about scoring the goal of the night but it’s the playoffs and sometimes these things happen, it just doesn’t usually happen that both of these guys would score breakaway goals.
First up, Pavel Datsyuk shows why he’s the master of the “dangle dangle” and in this case, the master of real life stop-motion animation.
Getting hung out to dry like that by his defense was all too common for Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov and to hammer that point home, here’s Brad Stuart on a breakaway after the Red Wings killed off 1:12 worth of 5-on-3 power play for the Coyotes.
That was Coyotes power play specialist defenseman Mathieu Schneider who missed the pass at the point and then dove to try and knock the puck away from Brad Stuart. I’m thinking if Schneider has to dive and sprawl to try and stop Brad Stuart on a breakaway… Well, that’s just bad news for Mathieu Schneider. That aside, this goal was a backbreaker for Phoenix to give up. It broke the rule of allowing a goal in the final minute to kill locker room momentum and it gave the Wings a three goal advantage heading to intermission instead of two.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)