Apr 28, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
It seems crazy that Brad Stuart would join Pavel Datsyuk in the same post about scoring the goal of the night but it’s the playoffs and sometimes these things happen, it just doesn’t usually happen that both of these guys would score breakaway goals.
First up, Pavel Datsyuk shows why he’s the master of the “dangle dangle” and in this case, the master of real life stop-motion animation.
Getting hung out to dry like that by his defense was all too common for Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov and to hammer that point home, here’s Brad Stuart on a breakaway after the Red Wings killed off 1:12 worth of 5-on-3 power play for the Coyotes.
That was Coyotes power play specialist defenseman Mathieu Schneider who missed the pass at the point and then dove to try and knock the puck away from Brad Stuart. I’m thinking if Schneider has to dive and sprawl to try and stop Brad Stuart on a breakaway… Well, that’s just bad news for Mathieu Schneider. That aside, this goal was a backbreaker for Phoenix to give up. It broke the rule of allowing a goal in the final minute to kill locker room momentum and it gave the Wings a three goal advantage heading to intermission instead of two.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)