Apr 28, 2010, 8:37 PM EST
The Washington Capitals are 20 minutes away from an unceremonious end to what was supposed to be their greatest season ever. As usual, Washington is out-shooting Montreal, this time 24-11 through two periods. Despite all those shots, it seems like the Canadiens are willing to go that extra mile with conservative defense and plenty of shot blocking.
Still, one goal is chump change for the Capitals – even if their tentative powerplay is at the Nashville Predators level of putridity. I asked Joe for some thoughts and he pointed out that the Capitals are playing tentative hockey “and want things to come easy and it’s just not happening that way.” It’s difficult to argue with that point.
Don’t discount the Jaroslav Halak factor, though. He’s now allowed 2 goals in his last 8 periods and on more than 110 shots. Something tells me the man might be rich once July rolls around.
(For the record, Marc Andre Bergeron scored the game’s only go so far. It was a powerplay tally during a 4-on-3 powerplay.)
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 0
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)