Apr 27, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Cancuks general manager Mike Gillis, the Western Conference semifinals between Chicago and Vancouver is slated to begin on Saturday night. What makes this development a big deal is that it gives Vancouver five days off between games and the Blackhawks will have four, both amounts of time aren’t exactly in line for how things go during a normal NHL season.
As for the Sharks series against either Detroit or Phoenix, the rumors abound that Game 1 of that series will take place on Thursday, but not because the league wants to speed things along. The HP Pavillion in San Jose is scheduled to have The Eagles playing back to back nights there on Friday and Saturday.
That’s right, they’ve rented out their own Hotel California because they didn’t expect the San Jose Sharks would extend their stay in the NHL Playoffs. Make sure to tip your waitress on your way to the next entry.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)