Apr 27, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Cancuks general manager Mike Gillis, the Western Conference semifinals between Chicago and Vancouver is slated to begin on Saturday night. What makes this development a big deal is that it gives Vancouver five days off between games and the Blackhawks will have four, both amounts of time aren’t exactly in line for how things go during a normal NHL season.
As for the Sharks series against either Detroit or Phoenix, the rumors abound that Game 1 of that series will take place on Thursday, but not because the league wants to speed things along. The HP Pavillion in San Jose is scheduled to have The Eagles playing back to back nights there on Friday and Saturday.
That’s right, they’ve rented out their own Hotel California because they didn’t expect the San Jose Sharks would extend their stay in the NHL Playoffs. Make sure to tip your waitress on your way to the next entry.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)