Apr 27, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Cancuks general manager Mike Gillis, the Western Conference semifinals between Chicago and Vancouver is slated to begin on Saturday night. What makes this development a big deal is that it gives Vancouver five days off between games and the Blackhawks will have four, both amounts of time aren’t exactly in line for how things go during a normal NHL season.
As for the Sharks series against either Detroit or Phoenix, the rumors abound that Game 1 of that series will take place on Thursday, but not because the league wants to speed things along. The HP Pavillion in San Jose is scheduled to have The Eagles playing back to back nights there on Friday and Saturday.
That’s right, they’ve rented out their own Hotel California because they didn’t expect the San Jose Sharks would extend their stay in the NHL Playoffs. Make sure to tip your waitress on your way to the next entry.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 20
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6