Apr 27, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Cancuks general manager Mike Gillis, the Western Conference semifinals between Chicago and Vancouver is slated to begin on Saturday night. What makes this development a big deal is that it gives Vancouver five days off between games and the Blackhawks will have four, both amounts of time aren’t exactly in line for how things go during a normal NHL season.
As for the Sharks series against either Detroit or Phoenix, the rumors abound that Game 1 of that series will take place on Thursday, but not because the league wants to speed things along. The HP Pavillion in San Jose is scheduled to have The Eagles playing back to back nights there on Friday and Saturday.
That’s right, they’ve rented out their own Hotel California because they didn’t expect the San Jose Sharks would extend their stay in the NHL Playoffs. Make sure to tip your waitress on your way to the next entry.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)