Apr 27, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Cancuks general manager Mike Gillis, the Western Conference semifinals between Chicago and Vancouver is slated to begin on Saturday night. What makes this development a big deal is that it gives Vancouver five days off between games and the Blackhawks will have four, both amounts of time aren’t exactly in line for how things go during a normal NHL season.
As for the Sharks series against either Detroit or Phoenix, the rumors abound that Game 1 of that series will take place on Thursday, but not because the league wants to speed things along. The HP Pavillion in San Jose is scheduled to have The Eagles playing back to back nights there on Friday and Saturday.
That’s right, they’ve rented out their own Hotel California because they didn’t expect the San Jose Sharks would extend their stay in the NHL Playoffs. Make sure to tip your waitress on your way to the next entry.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 36
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25