Apr 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EST
It’s a big game tonight in Glendale, Arizona but because of the NHL aiming for a decent start time on across the country, there could be some major issues for fans headed out to the game.
According to reports in the The Arizona Republic today, the team and Jobing.com Arena officials are adivising fans to try and leave enough time for the expected heavy traffic heading into tonight’s game.
See, tonight’s game is set to start right at 6 p.m. local time. Since Arizona doesn’t take part in Daylight Savings, the region is three hours behind the east coast. While a later start would have certainly been better for Coyotes fans, a 10:00 p.m. or later start for a “historic” Game 7 was out of the question for the NHL.
So now we have Coyotes fans, already at a disadvantage because of the location of the arena leaving work early, picking up the kids as early as possible and then having to fight through rush hour traffic just to see their team have a chance at a tremendous win.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)