Apr 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
It’s a big game tonight in Glendale, Arizona but because of the NHL aiming for a decent start time on across the country, there could be some major issues for fans headed out to the game.
According to reports in the The Arizona Republic today, the team and Jobing.com Arena officials are adivising fans to try and leave enough time for the expected heavy traffic heading into tonight’s game.
See, tonight’s game is set to start right at 6 p.m. local time. Since Arizona doesn’t take part in Daylight Savings, the region is three hours behind the east coast. While a later start would have certainly been better for Coyotes fans, a 10:00 p.m. or later start for a “historic” Game 7 was out of the question for the NHL.
So now we have Coyotes fans, already at a disadvantage because of the location of the arena leaving work early, picking up the kids as early as possible and then having to fight through rush hour traffic just to see their team have a chance at a tremendous win.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)