Apr 27, 2010, 2:23 PM EST
It’s a big game tonight in Glendale, Arizona but because of the NHL aiming for a decent start time on across the country, there could be some major issues for fans headed out to the game.
According to reports in the The Arizona Republic today, the team and Jobing.com Arena officials are adivising fans to try and leave enough time for the expected heavy traffic heading into tonight’s game.
See, tonight’s game is set to start right at 6 p.m. local time. Since Arizona doesn’t take part in Daylight Savings, the region is three hours behind the east coast. While a later start would have certainly been better for Coyotes fans, a 10:00 p.m. or later start for a “historic” Game 7 was out of the question for the NHL.
So now we have Coyotes fans, already at a disadvantage because of the location of the arena leaving work early, picking up the kids as early as possible and then having to fight through rush hour traffic just to see their team have a chance at a tremendous win.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 3
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)