Apr 27, 2010, 9:55 PM EST
Call it a “feeling out” period if you will as the Red Wings and Coyotes with their playoff lives on the line play a tight, mostly mistake-free first period that ends with the score knotted at 0-0. Each team got a crack on the power play but each team was, obviously, denied a goal.
Meanwhile, the shot disparity between the two shows that the Red Wings opted to “throw the sink” at the Coyotes as they outshot the snake-tossers 17-6 in the first period. Ilya Bryzgalov was the busier and more stellar of the two goaltenders. The Coyotes will have to work a little harder and a little dirtier to start throwing more pucks at Wings goalie Jimmy Howard.
Stop by our Pro Hockey Talk live chat to keep up with what Brandon and I and your Internet brothers and sisters have to say about tonight’s Game 7.
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)