Apr 27, 2010, 9:55 PM EDT
Call it a “feeling out” period if you will as the Red Wings and Coyotes with their playoff lives on the line play a tight, mostly mistake-free first period that ends with the score knotted at 0-0. Each team got a crack on the power play but each team was, obviously, denied a goal.
Meanwhile, the shot disparity between the two shows that the Red Wings opted to “throw the sink” at the Coyotes as they outshot the snake-tossers 17-6 in the first period. Ilya Bryzgalov was the busier and more stellar of the two goaltenders. The Coyotes will have to work a little harder and a little dirtier to start throwing more pucks at Wings goalie Jimmy Howard.
Stop by our Pro Hockey Talk live chat to keep up with what Brandon and I and your Internet brothers and sisters have to say about tonight’s Game 7.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53