Apr 27, 2010, 9:55 PM EDT
Call it a “feeling out” period if you will as the Red Wings and Coyotes with their playoff lives on the line play a tight, mostly mistake-free first period that ends with the score knotted at 0-0. Each team got a crack on the power play but each team was, obviously, denied a goal.
Meanwhile, the shot disparity between the two shows that the Red Wings opted to “throw the sink” at the Coyotes as they outshot the snake-tossers 17-6 in the first period. Ilya Bryzgalov was the busier and more stellar of the two goaltenders. The Coyotes will have to work a little harder and a little dirtier to start throwing more pucks at Wings goalie Jimmy Howard.
Stop by our Pro Hockey Talk live chat to keep up with what Brandon and I and your Internet brothers and sisters have to say about tonight’s Game 7.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 6
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 16
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)