Apr 27, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
While I’m sure a potential Bruins and Flyers matchup in the East will
be great fun, and the Red Wings taking on the Sharks yet again would be
entertaining, it’s the semifinals series between Canucks and Blackhawks
I’m looking forward to the most.
These are two teams that battled
it out in last year’s playoffs, with Nikolai Khabibulin somehow able to
lead the Blackhawks to victory. Now the Hawks are a bit older, a bit
better different goaltending and are looking to once more
rekindle that old playoff rivalry and take out the Canucks once more.
have to do it against a Vancouver team that is a bit different itself,
especially when you consider how well the Sedins are playing this
season. Throw in a Mikael Samuelsson that’s playing out of his mind and
you have a recipe for one heck of a playoff series. Joel Quenneville
acknowledges that things may get testy, but it’s the team
that’s in control that should come out on top.
“The rivalries and intensity and emotions are in place,
but at the same time in the playoffs you’ve got to have composure and
discipline and stay smart,” Quenneville said. “The focus is to win the
game and win your shifts, and retaliation is not going to be successful.
“They’re a dangerous team in a lot of ways, but let’s be
Roberto Luongo says he whispered into the ear of Patrick
Kane at the end of the Olympics “see you in the playoffs”, and this is
certainly the rematch all the Canucks have been looking forward to.
Roberto Luongo actually looked like an elite goaltender at times against
the Kings, and now Vancouver is more talented and hungrier than ever.
Bring it on.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 53
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)