Apr 27, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
While I’m sure a potential Bruins and Flyers matchup in the East will
be great fun, and the Red Wings taking on the Sharks yet again would be
entertaining, it’s the semifinals series between Canucks and Blackhawks
I’m looking forward to the most.
These are two teams that battled
it out in last year’s playoffs, with Nikolai Khabibulin somehow able to
lead the Blackhawks to victory. Now the Hawks are a bit older, a bit
better different goaltending and are looking to once more
rekindle that old playoff rivalry and take out the Canucks once more.
have to do it against a Vancouver team that is a bit different itself,
especially when you consider how well the Sedins are playing this
season. Throw in a Mikael Samuelsson that’s playing out of his mind and
you have a recipe for one heck of a playoff series. Joel Quenneville
acknowledges that things may get testy, but it’s the team
that’s in control that should come out on top.
“The rivalries and intensity and emotions are in place,
but at the same time in the playoffs you’ve got to have composure and
discipline and stay smart,” Quenneville said. “The focus is to win the
game and win your shifts, and retaliation is not going to be successful.
“They’re a dangerous team in a lot of ways, but let’s be
Roberto Luongo says he whispered into the ear of Patrick
Kane at the end of the Olympics “see you in the playoffs”, and this is
certainly the rematch all the Canucks have been looking forward to.
Roberto Luongo actually looked like an elite goaltender at times against
the Kings, and now Vancouver is more talented and hungrier than ever.
Bring it on.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)