Apr 27, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
While I’m sure a potential Bruins and Flyers matchup in the East will
be great fun, and the Red Wings taking on the Sharks yet again would be
entertaining, it’s the semifinals series between Canucks and Blackhawks
I’m looking forward to the most.
These are two teams that battled
it out in last year’s playoffs, with Nikolai Khabibulin somehow able to
lead the Blackhawks to victory. Now the Hawks are a bit older, a bit
better different goaltending and are looking to once more
rekindle that old playoff rivalry and take out the Canucks once more.
have to do it against a Vancouver team that is a bit different itself,
especially when you consider how well the Sedins are playing this
season. Throw in a Mikael Samuelsson that’s playing out of his mind and
you have a recipe for one heck of a playoff series. Joel Quenneville
acknowledges that things may get testy, but it’s the team
that’s in control that should come out on top.
“The rivalries and intensity and emotions are in place,
but at the same time in the playoffs you’ve got to have composure and
discipline and stay smart,” Quenneville said. “The focus is to win the
game and win your shifts, and retaliation is not going to be successful.
“They’re a dangerous team in a lot of ways, but let’s be
Roberto Luongo says he whispered into the ear of Patrick
Kane at the end of the Olympics “see you in the playoffs”, and this is
certainly the rematch all the Canucks have been looking forward to.
Roberto Luongo actually looked like an elite goaltender at times against
the Kings, and now Vancouver is more talented and hungrier than ever.
Bring it on.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)