Apr 27, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
While I’m sure a potential Bruins and Flyers matchup in the East will
be great fun, and the Red Wings taking on the Sharks yet again would be
entertaining, it’s the semifinals series between Canucks and Blackhawks
I’m looking forward to the most.
These are two teams that battled
it out in last year’s playoffs, with Nikolai Khabibulin somehow able to
lead the Blackhawks to victory. Now the Hawks are a bit older, a bit
better different goaltending and are looking to once more
rekindle that old playoff rivalry and take out the Canucks once more.
have to do it against a Vancouver team that is a bit different itself,
especially when you consider how well the Sedins are playing this
season. Throw in a Mikael Samuelsson that’s playing out of his mind and
you have a recipe for one heck of a playoff series. Joel Quenneville
acknowledges that things may get testy, but it’s the team
that’s in control that should come out on top.
“The rivalries and intensity and emotions are in place,
but at the same time in the playoffs you’ve got to have composure and
discipline and stay smart,” Quenneville said. “The focus is to win the
game and win your shifts, and retaliation is not going to be successful.
“They’re a dangerous team in a lot of ways, but let’s be
Roberto Luongo says he whispered into the ear of Patrick
Kane at the end of the Olympics “see you in the playoffs”, and this is
certainly the rematch all the Canucks have been looking forward to.
Roberto Luongo actually looked like an elite goaltender at times against
the Kings, and now Vancouver is more talented and hungrier than ever.
Bring it on.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)