Apr 26, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com is reporting this afternoon that even if Marc Savard passes his neuro tests this afternoon, the Boston Bruins will not play him tonight against the Sabres.
After taking very little in the way of contact during a
Sunday practice and a few pregame skates, a team
source with knowledge of the situation said the
Bruins won’t play Savard against the Sabres tonight. The Bruins have decided to err on the side of caution with a
player trying to come back from a Grade 2 concussion.
As Joe notes, there’s always the chance that Savard talks his way onto the ice. Yet if you’ve been paying attention to how Savard’s been talking lately, he’ll likely go with whatever decision the team makes.
It’s not that tough a decision to make, really. The Bruins aren’t facing elimination tonight and there’s a good chance the he’ll be able to play in Game 7 if necessary.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)