Apr 26, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com is reporting this afternoon that even if Marc Savard passes his neuro tests this afternoon, the Boston Bruins will not play him tonight against the Sabres.
After taking very little in the way of contact during a
Sunday practice and a few pregame skates, a team
source with knowledge of the situation said the
Bruins won’t play Savard against the Sabres tonight. The Bruins have decided to err on the side of caution with a
player trying to come back from a Grade 2 concussion.
As Joe notes, there’s always the chance that Savard talks his way onto the ice. Yet if you’ve been paying attention to how Savard’s been talking lately, he’ll likely go with whatever decision the team makes.
It’s not that tough a decision to make, really. The Bruins aren’t facing elimination tonight and there’s a good chance the he’ll be able to play in Game 7 if necessary.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7