Apr 26, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com is reporting this afternoon that even if Marc Savard passes his neuro tests this afternoon, the Boston Bruins will not play him tonight against the Sabres.
After taking very little in the way of contact during a
Sunday practice and a few pregame skates, a team
source with knowledge of the situation said the
Bruins won’t play Savard against the Sabres tonight. The Bruins have decided to err on the side of caution with a
player trying to come back from a Grade 2 concussion.
As Joe notes, there’s always the chance that Savard talks his way onto the ice. Yet if you’ve been paying attention to how Savard’s been talking lately, he’ll likely go with whatever decision the team makes.
It’s not that tough a decision to make, really. The Bruins aren’t facing elimination tonight and there’s a good chance the he’ll be able to play in Game 7 if necessary.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 0
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 6
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25