Apr 26, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com is reporting this afternoon that even if Marc Savard passes his neuro tests this afternoon, the Boston Bruins will not play him tonight against the Sabres.
After taking very little in the way of contact during a
Sunday practice and a few pregame skates, a team
source with knowledge of the situation said the
Bruins won’t play Savard against the Sabres tonight. The Bruins have decided to err on the side of caution with a
player trying to come back from a Grade 2 concussion.
As Joe notes, there’s always the chance that Savard talks his way onto the ice. Yet if you’ve been paying attention to how Savard’s been talking lately, he’ll likely go with whatever decision the team makes.
It’s not that tough a decision to make, really. The Bruins aren’t facing elimination tonight and there’s a good chance the he’ll be able to play in Game 7 if necessary.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)