Apr 26, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com is reporting this afternoon that even if Marc Savard passes his neuro tests this afternoon, the Boston Bruins will not play him tonight against the Sabres.
After taking very little in the way of contact during a
Sunday practice and a few pregame skates, a team
source with knowledge of the situation said the
Bruins won’t play Savard against the Sabres tonight. The Bruins have decided to err on the side of caution with a
player trying to come back from a Grade 2 concussion.
As Joe notes, there’s always the chance that Savard talks his way onto the ice. Yet if you’ve been paying attention to how Savard’s been talking lately, he’ll likely go with whatever decision the team makes.
It’s not that tough a decision to make, really. The Bruins aren’t facing elimination tonight and there’s a good chance the he’ll be able to play in Game 7 if necessary.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 3
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9