Apr 26, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
Mark Recchi defies age. His hockey skills should be bottled by Oil of Olay to preserve a lady’s face against wrinkles.
With one goal and one assist through the second period of Game 6, Recchi (41) joins 24-year-old Patrice Bergeron as the Boston Bruins’ leading scorer at 5 points in six games. Recchi isn’t merely “at the right place at the right time” even if he earns many of his tallies in the “dirty areas” of the net. Right now “The Recching Ball” holds the go-ahead goal as the Bruins currently have a 2-1 lead going into the third period.
Earlier I wondered if the Washington Capitals might face their fourth consecutive 7-game series. If they do, they can blame one man: Montreal Canadiens goalie Jaroslav Halak.
The Slovakian goalie stopped 33 of 33 shots so far, putting on an amazing show as the Capitals kept putting on pressure. You certainly cannot say that Washington lacks effort, with 18 shots in the first and 15 in the second; Semyon Varlamov only has a third of Halak’s saves with 11. The Canadiens carry a 2-0 lead into the third period, but they might be playing with fire if they think that they can go into “turtle” mode in the final frame. As steady as Halak proves to be, you can’t expect him to keep you alive by himself much longer.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 66
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 6
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination