Apr 26, 2010, 8:49 PM EST
Mark Recchi defies age. His hockey skills should be bottled by Oil of Olay to preserve a lady’s face against wrinkles.
With one goal and one assist through the second period of Game 6, Recchi (41) joins 24-year-old Patrice Bergeron as the Boston Bruins’ leading scorer at 5 points in six games. Recchi isn’t merely “at the right place at the right time” even if he earns many of his tallies in the “dirty areas” of the net. Right now “The Recching Ball” holds the go-ahead goal as the Bruins currently have a 2-1 lead going into the third period.
Earlier I wondered if the Washington Capitals might face their fourth consecutive 7-game series. If they do, they can blame one man: Montreal Canadiens goalie Jaroslav Halak.
The Slovakian goalie stopped 33 of 33 shots so far, putting on an amazing show as the Capitals kept putting on pressure. You certainly cannot say that Washington lacks effort, with 18 shots in the first and 15 in the second; Semyon Varlamov only has a third of Halak’s saves with 11. The Canadiens carry a 2-0 lead into the third period, but they might be playing with fire if they think that they can go into “turtle” mode in the final frame. As steady as Halak proves to be, you can’t expect him to keep you alive by himself much longer.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 4
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 1
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 27
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)