Apr 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators can’t blame Marian Hossa’s hit for their brutal Game 5 loss, nor can they blame the officials for mucking up the penalty call. What they can blame is their absolutely dreadful power play, which has yet to score on the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round.
The Predators had a five minute major in which to either a) put the game away at the end of regulation or b) win the game in overtime after allowing the tying goal while on the power play.
Coach Barry Trotz claims that changes are to be expected tonight on the Predators power play. It’s about dang time. Per John Glennon:
“We’ve got a plan tonight of doing a couple things different,”
Trotz said. “I’m not going to really go into it. But we’ve got
stubborn in our train of thought, if you will. We’ve had guys trying to
force things that aren’t there. The power play is about reacting to
what opportunities are there. We’re not reacting very well. We’re
trying to force things that aren’t there.”
“Stubborn” is right. Nothing like waiting until the very last minute to change something up when it’s not working.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 5
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 32
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 4
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1