Apr 26, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Washington Capitals Montreal Canadiens have recalled defensive prospect P.K. Subban from the Hamilton Bulldogs, who will play in tonight’s Game 6 against the Washington Capitals.
Subban played in two games this season for the Canadiens, his first professional season in the AHL after being drafted in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Subban has the ability to be a very productive defenseman from the blueline, putting up 18 goals and 35 assists this past season with Hamilton.
With Subban in the lineup, Sergei Kostitsyn and Mathieu Darche will be scratched.
It’s an interesting callup, and one that some felt was needed before the playoff series started. With the Canadiens once again facing elimination tonight, this could be Subban’s lone playoff game this season in the NHL.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)