Apr 26, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Washington Capitals Montreal Canadiens have recalled defensive prospect P.K. Subban from the Hamilton Bulldogs, who will play in tonight’s Game 6 against the Washington Capitals.
Subban played in two games this season for the Canadiens, his first professional season in the AHL after being drafted in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Subban has the ability to be a very productive defenseman from the blueline, putting up 18 goals and 35 assists this past season with Hamilton.
With Subban in the lineup, Sergei Kostitsyn and Mathieu Darche will be scratched.
It’s an interesting callup, and one that some felt was needed before the playoff series started. With the Canadiens once again facing elimination tonight, this could be Subban’s lone playoff game this season in the NHL.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32