Apr 26, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Washington Capitals Montreal Canadiens have recalled defensive prospect P.K. Subban from the Hamilton Bulldogs, who will play in tonight’s Game 6 against the Washington Capitals.
Subban played in two games this season for the Canadiens, his first professional season in the AHL after being drafted in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Subban has the ability to be a very productive defenseman from the blueline, putting up 18 goals and 35 assists this past season with Hamilton.
With Subban in the lineup, Sergei Kostitsyn and Mathieu Darche will be scratched.
It’s an interesting callup, and one that some felt was needed before the playoff series started. With the Canadiens once again facing elimination tonight, this could be Subban’s lone playoff game this season in the NHL.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona