Apr 26, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Washington Capitals Montreal Canadiens have recalled defensive prospect P.K. Subban from the Hamilton Bulldogs, who will play in tonight’s Game 6 against the Washington Capitals.
Subban played in two games this season for the Canadiens, his first professional season in the AHL after being drafted in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Subban has the ability to be a very productive defenseman from the blueline, putting up 18 goals and 35 assists this past season with Hamilton.
With Subban in the lineup, Sergei Kostitsyn and Mathieu Darche will be scratched.
It’s an interesting callup, and one that some felt was needed before the playoff series started. With the Canadiens once again facing elimination tonight, this could be Subban’s lone playoff game this season in the NHL.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)