Apr 26, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Washington Capitals Montreal Canadiens have recalled defensive prospect P.K. Subban from the Hamilton Bulldogs, who will play in tonight’s Game 6 against the Washington Capitals.
Subban played in two games this season for the Canadiens, his first professional season in the AHL after being drafted in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Subban has the ability to be a very productive defenseman from the blueline, putting up 18 goals and 35 assists this past season with Hamilton.
With Subban in the lineup, Sergei Kostitsyn and Mathieu Darche will be scratched.
It’s an interesting callup, and one that some felt was needed before the playoff series started. With the Canadiens once again facing elimination tonight, this could be Subban’s lone playoff game this season in the NHL.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)