Apr 26, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
After a wild first period, a score-less second period might come back to haunt the Chicago Blackhawks a lot like the Nashville Predators’ disastrous 5 minute man-advantage did in Game 5. The Blackhawks failed to score on 10 minutes of powerplay time in the second period, including a double minor. While Nashville needs to work on staying out of the box, they must feel heartened by keeping Chicago off the scoreboard despite that 10-to-nothing PP advantage.
Another reason for the Predators to be positive: they finally scored their first PP goal of the playoffs in the first period. It also got Jason Arnott off the hook, too, as the big center netted his first tally of the post-season after all this time.
The first frame was wild in general, with the Blackhawks taking a 4-3 lead. Pekka Rinne would surely like a mulligan on one of those goals that passed him from the neutral zone.
Yet another team enters the third period with their backs against the wall. Will the Predators manage to force a nail-biter Game 7 in Chicago or will the Blackhawks move on to the second round? Stay tuned, gumshoes.
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 2
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 1
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 16
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)