Apr 26, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
After a wild first period, a score-less second period might come back to haunt the Chicago Blackhawks a lot like the Nashville Predators’ disastrous 5 minute man-advantage did in Game 5. The Blackhawks failed to score on 10 minutes of powerplay time in the second period, including a double minor. While Nashville needs to work on staying out of the box, they must feel heartened by keeping Chicago off the scoreboard despite that 10-to-nothing PP advantage.
Another reason for the Predators to be positive: they finally scored their first PP goal of the playoffs in the first period. It also got Jason Arnott off the hook, too, as the big center netted his first tally of the post-season after all this time.
The first frame was wild in general, with the Blackhawks taking a 4-3 lead. Pekka Rinne would surely like a mulligan on one of those goals that passed him from the neutral zone.
Yet another team enters the third period with their backs against the wall. Will the Predators manage to force a nail-biter Game 7 in Chicago or will the Blackhawks move on to the second round? Stay tuned, gumshoes.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 33
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 31
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)