Apr 26, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
After a wild first period, a score-less second period might come back to haunt the Chicago Blackhawks a lot like the Nashville Predators’ disastrous 5 minute man-advantage did in Game 5. The Blackhawks failed to score on 10 minutes of powerplay time in the second period, including a double minor. While Nashville needs to work on staying out of the box, they must feel heartened by keeping Chicago off the scoreboard despite that 10-to-nothing PP advantage.
Another reason for the Predators to be positive: they finally scored their first PP goal of the playoffs in the first period. It also got Jason Arnott off the hook, too, as the big center netted his first tally of the post-season after all this time.
The first frame was wild in general, with the Blackhawks taking a 4-3 lead. Pekka Rinne would surely like a mulligan on one of those goals that passed him from the neutral zone.
Yet another team enters the third period with their backs against the wall. Will the Predators manage to force a nail-biter Game 7 in Chicago or will the Blackhawks move on to the second round? Stay tuned, gumshoes.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)