Apr 26, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
After a wild first period, a score-less second period might come back to haunt the Chicago Blackhawks a lot like the Nashville Predators’ disastrous 5 minute man-advantage did in Game 5. The Blackhawks failed to score on 10 minutes of powerplay time in the second period, including a double minor. While Nashville needs to work on staying out of the box, they must feel heartened by keeping Chicago off the scoreboard despite that 10-to-nothing PP advantage.
Another reason for the Predators to be positive: they finally scored their first PP goal of the playoffs in the first period. It also got Jason Arnott off the hook, too, as the big center netted his first tally of the post-season after all this time.
The first frame was wild in general, with the Blackhawks taking a 4-3 lead. Pekka Rinne would surely like a mulligan on one of those goals that passed him from the neutral zone.
Yet another team enters the third period with their backs against the wall. Will the Predators manage to force a nail-biter Game 7 in Chicago or will the Blackhawks move on to the second round? Stay tuned, gumshoes.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 8
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 3
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 34
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 81
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 9
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (81)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness