Apr 25, 2010, 3:43 PM EST
Just as we finished writing the update for the last score, the Coyotes win a faceoff and get a nifty deflected goal to take a commanding 4-1 lead.
Wojtek Wolski gets the assist for the tip in, as he fought off Nicklas Lidstrom out front to get position in front of Jimmy Howard. The Coyotes now have 11 shots on goal in the 2nd period, and have jumped big time all over the Red Wings here in the middle frame.
Now is when the Coyotes can let their trapping system go to work.
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 1
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 45
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)