Apr 25, 2010, 3:43 PM EST
Just as we finished writing the update for the last score, the Coyotes win a faceoff and get a nifty deflected goal to take a commanding 4-1 lead.
Wojtek Wolski gets the assist for the tip in, as he fought off Nicklas Lidstrom out front to get position in front of Jimmy Howard. The Coyotes now have 11 shots on goal in the 2nd period, and have jumped big time all over the Red Wings here in the middle frame.
Now is when the Coyotes can let their trapping system go to work.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)