Apr 25, 2010, 4:19 PM EST
When the game started, you knew the special teams were going to be a major factor in this game. The officials were whistle happy early, but I thought it was going to be the Detroit power play that would make the difference.
Instead, the Coyotes have scored three power play goals and have opened up a commanding 5-1 lead after Taylor Pyatt notches his first goal of the playoffs.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28