Apr 25, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
When a football player has a case of “Fumblitis,” a coach will often make him carry a pigskin around all week to signify how important it is to avoid turnovers. Perhaps the Vancouver Canucks should consider doing the same with Roberto Luongo and his stick?
For the second time tonight the all-world goalie allowed a goal while dealing with twig issues. The second one came right before Drew Doughty scalded a slapper past him for what was almost another powerplay goal. Overall he’s been great, though, saving 24 of 26 shots including an absolute highlight reel save (waiting on video of that right now).
Steve Bernier scored the Canucks only goal and is generally having a very hot playoff run. In fact, check out this tidbit from blogger pal Ryan Classic.
Bernier gets his career-high 4th playoff goal. Now has more goals this series than his 32 playoff games prior to 2010
Los Angeles dominated most of these first two periods, out-shooting Vancouver 26-11 so far. Did they switch jerseys with the San Jose Sharks or something?
One other note: Henrik Sedin narrowly avoided a scary injury when Dustin Brown’s skate clipped his helmet. I’ll try to get a video replay of that as soon as I find it, as well.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 2
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)