Apr 25, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
When a football player has a case of “Fumblitis,” a coach will often make him carry a pigskin around all week to signify how important it is to avoid turnovers. Perhaps the Vancouver Canucks should consider doing the same with Roberto Luongo and his stick?
For the second time tonight the all-world goalie allowed a goal while dealing with twig issues. The second one came right before Drew Doughty scalded a slapper past him for what was almost another powerplay goal. Overall he’s been great, though, saving 24 of 26 shots including an absolute highlight reel save (waiting on video of that right now).
Steve Bernier scored the Canucks only goal and is generally having a very hot playoff run. In fact, check out this tidbit from blogger pal Ryan Classic.
Bernier gets his career-high 4th playoff goal. Now has more goals this series than his 32 playoff games prior to 2010
Los Angeles dominated most of these first two periods, out-shooting Vancouver 26-11 so far. Did they switch jerseys with the San Jose Sharks or something?
One other note: Henrik Sedin narrowly avoided a scary injury when Dustin Brown’s skate clipped his helmet. I’ll try to get a video replay of that as soon as I find it, as well.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 0
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 10
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 37
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic
- Play Video: Stepan's face takes a beating
- Play Video: Dorsett vs. Thornton