Apr 25, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
When a football player has a case of “Fumblitis,” a coach will often make him carry a pigskin around all week to signify how important it is to avoid turnovers. Perhaps the Vancouver Canucks should consider doing the same with Roberto Luongo and his stick?
For the second time tonight the all-world goalie allowed a goal while dealing with twig issues. The second one came right before Drew Doughty scalded a slapper past him for what was almost another powerplay goal. Overall he’s been great, though, saving 24 of 26 shots including an absolute highlight reel save (waiting on video of that right now).
Steve Bernier scored the Canucks only goal and is generally having a very hot playoff run. In fact, check out this tidbit from blogger pal Ryan Classic.
Bernier gets his career-high 4th playoff goal. Now has more goals this series than his 32 playoff games prior to 2010
Los Angeles dominated most of these first two periods, out-shooting Vancouver 26-11 so far. Did they switch jerseys with the San Jose Sharks or something?
One other note: Henrik Sedin narrowly avoided a scary injury when Dustin Brown’s skate clipped his helmet. I’ll try to get a video replay of that as soon as I find it, as well.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 31
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)