Apr 25, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
When a football player has a case of “Fumblitis,” a coach will often make him carry a pigskin around all week to signify how important it is to avoid turnovers. Perhaps the Vancouver Canucks should consider doing the same with Roberto Luongo and his stick?
For the second time tonight the all-world goalie allowed a goal while dealing with twig issues. The second one came right before Drew Doughty scalded a slapper past him for what was almost another powerplay goal. Overall he’s been great, though, saving 24 of 26 shots including an absolute highlight reel save (waiting on video of that right now).
Steve Bernier scored the Canucks only goal and is generally having a very hot playoff run. In fact, check out this tidbit from blogger pal Ryan Classic.
Bernier gets his career-high 4th playoff goal. Now has more goals this series than his 32 playoff games prior to 2010
Los Angeles dominated most of these first two periods, out-shooting Vancouver 26-11 so far. Did they switch jerseys with the San Jose Sharks or something?
One other note: Henrik Sedin narrowly avoided a scary injury when Dustin Brown’s skate clipped his helmet. I’ll try to get a video replay of that as soon as I find it, as well.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55