Apr 25, 2010, 10:51 PM EST
When a football player has a case of “Fumblitis,” a coach will often make him carry a pigskin around all week to signify how important it is to avoid turnovers. Perhaps the Vancouver Canucks should consider doing the same with Roberto Luongo and his stick?
For the second time tonight the all-world goalie allowed a goal while dealing with twig issues. The second one came right before Drew Doughty scalded a slapper past him for what was almost another powerplay goal. Overall he’s been great, though, saving 24 of 26 shots including an absolute highlight reel save (waiting on video of that right now).
Steve Bernier scored the Canucks only goal and is generally having a very hot playoff run. In fact, check out this tidbit from blogger pal Ryan Classic.
Bernier gets his career-high 4th playoff goal. Now has more goals this series than his 32 playoff games prior to 2010
Los Angeles dominated most of these first two periods, out-shooting Vancouver 26-11 so far. Did they switch jerseys with the San Jose Sharks or something?
One other note: Henrik Sedin narrowly avoided a scary injury when Dustin Brown’s skate clipped his helmet. I’ll try to get a video replay of that as soon as I find it, as well.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)