Apr 25, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Tonight is a pretty big game even if it’s not a Game 7. The Kings-Canucks series gets a rare “marquee” status, not going head-to-head against any other game at night. I won’t get to do this very often, but here’s a little link roundup for tonight’s clash in Los Angeles.
Every player has its ups and downs, so when a team like the Canucks invests so much in a few players there will be some ups and downs. Right now, there’s a lot of ups.
Some people aren’t too happy about Darren Pang calling the Sedins “Twinkies.”
There are a lot of urban-slang definitions of Twinky, none redeeming.
The real deal, as such, is the small sponge cake with the fake cream filling.
Henrik and Daniel Sedin spongy? Soft on the inside? Fake?
Panger says he didn’t mean to offend.
Shane O’Brien half-apologizes for that post-fight celebration. Those O’Briens are a classy bunch, aren’t they?
The Kings are standing by their man/goalie.
Speaking of which, have the Canucks figured out Jonathan Quick? They won’t say. The scamps.
Our own Brandon Worley appeared on Team 1040’s Orland Kurtenblog Podcast.
Alex Burrows is struggling to score but making a difference in other areas. Either way, the guy is one of the great non-entry level steals in the NHL.
The Canucks don’t want a Game 7 with Los Angeles. Also, it is not very interesting to watch grass grow.
Finally, Nucks Misconduct provides a great Game 6 Preview.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)