Apr 25, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Tonight is a pretty big game even if it’s not a Game 7. The Kings-Canucks series gets a rare “marquee” status, not going head-to-head against any other game at night. I won’t get to do this very often, but here’s a little link roundup for tonight’s clash in Los Angeles.
Every player has its ups and downs, so when a team like the Canucks invests so much in a few players there will be some ups and downs. Right now, there’s a lot of ups.
Some people aren’t too happy about Darren Pang calling the Sedins “Twinkies.”
There are a lot of urban-slang definitions of Twinky, none redeeming.
The real deal, as such, is the small sponge cake with the fake cream filling.
Henrik and Daniel Sedin spongy? Soft on the inside? Fake?
Panger says he didn’t mean to offend.
Shane O’Brien half-apologizes for that post-fight celebration. Those O’Briens are a classy bunch, aren’t they?
The Kings are standing by their man/goalie.
Speaking of which, have the Canucks figured out Jonathan Quick? They won’t say. The scamps.
Our own Brandon Worley appeared on Team 1040’s Orland Kurtenblog Podcast.
Alex Burrows is struggling to score but making a difference in other areas. Either way, the guy is one of the great non-entry level steals in the NHL.
The Canucks don’t want a Game 7 with Los Angeles. Also, it is not very interesting to watch grass grow.
Finally, Nucks Misconduct provides a great Game 6 Preview.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)