Apr 25, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Marian Hossa will have a discplinary hearing with the NHL this afternoon regarding his boarding penalty on Dan Hamhuis in yesterday’s game between the Blackhawks and the Predators.
As McKenzie notes, just because a player has a hearing does not necessarily mean a suspension will follow. Matt Cooke had a hearing over his hit on Marc Savard, yet was not punished by the NHL.
As I stated this morning, I don’t see this hit as similar to one that had Alex Ovechkin suspended two games earlier this season. Hossa’s hands were outstretched and clearly on Hamhuis’ side, while the puck was right at their feet. A bit different than the hit on Ovechkin.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8