Apr 25, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
TSN is reporting
that Dallas Stars forward Brad Richards had hip surgery yesterday to
repair a small labrum tear, a surgery that normally requires eight weeks
This answers a number of questions from this season,
namely what “nagging” injury Richards was constantly given time off for.
Richards would routinely be given practices and skates off, in order to
stay fresh for the games.
Richards responded as the most
consistent and dangerous Stars player on the ice, threatening to break
Mike Modano’s team record from points in a season. He finished with 24
goals and 67 assists, and had the most power play points in the NHL.
could also explain why Richards was not named to Team Canada for the
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5