Apr 25, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
TSN is reporting
that Dallas Stars forward Brad Richards had hip surgery yesterday to
repair a small labrum tear, a surgery that normally requires eight weeks
This answers a number of questions from this season,
namely what “nagging” injury Richards was constantly given time off for.
Richards would routinely be given practices and skates off, in order to
stay fresh for the games.
Richards responded as the most
consistent and dangerous Stars player on the ice, threatening to break
Mike Modano’s team record from points in a season. He finished with 24
goals and 67 assists, and had the most power play points in the NHL.
could also explain why Richards was not named to Team Canada for the
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36