Apr 25, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
TSN is reporting
that Dallas Stars forward Brad Richards had hip surgery yesterday to
repair a small labrum tear, a surgery that normally requires eight weeks
This answers a number of questions from this season,
namely what “nagging” injury Richards was constantly given time off for.
Richards would routinely be given practices and skates off, in order to
stay fresh for the games.
Richards responded as the most
consistent and dangerous Stars player on the ice, threatening to break
Mike Modano’s team record from points in a season. He finished with 24
goals and 67 assists, and had the most power play points in the NHL.
could also explain why Richards was not named to Team Canada for the
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8