Apr 25, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
There are at least two series that just need to go seven games. Hockey fans (though probably not Detroit Red Wings fans) got their wish when Phoenix dominated Detroit to send it to a penultimate finale. It’s unclear if that will happen between Vancouver and Los Angeles, but so far so good for the Kings.
Alexander Frolov had a great period, so it’s nice to see him rewarded for his efforts. He scored a wraparound goal as Roberto Luongo could not set his stick properly to defend the attempt. Frolov made a few other similar moves, which prompted me to Tweet the following.
Alex Frolov is like that guy on NHL ’10 who keeps going for the wrap around move over and over (except I’m not cursing his existence.)
You can’t pin this one on Roberto Luongo, as the Kings are keeping him busy. He’s made 15 of 16 possible saves in just one period while Jonathan Quick possibly got some light reading in (perhaps a baby book?) since he only faced 5 shots. None of which were from those pesky Sedin twins, by the way.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)