Apr 25, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
There are at least two series that just need to go seven games. Hockey fans (though probably not Detroit Red Wings fans) got their wish when Phoenix dominated Detroit to send it to a penultimate finale. It’s unclear if that will happen between Vancouver and Los Angeles, but so far so good for the Kings.
Alexander Frolov had a great period, so it’s nice to see him rewarded for his efforts. He scored a wraparound goal as Roberto Luongo could not set his stick properly to defend the attempt. Frolov made a few other similar moves, which prompted me to Tweet the following.
Alex Frolov is like that guy on NHL ’10 who keeps going for the wrap around move over and over (except I’m not cursing his existence.)
You can’t pin this one on Roberto Luongo, as the Kings are keeping him busy. He’s made 15 of 16 possible saves in just one period while Jonathan Quick possibly got some light reading in (perhaps a baby book?) since he only faced 5 shots. None of which were from those pesky Sedin twins, by the way.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5