Apr 25, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
There are at least two series that just need to go seven games. Hockey fans (though probably not Detroit Red Wings fans) got their wish when Phoenix dominated Detroit to send it to a penultimate finale. It’s unclear if that will happen between Vancouver and Los Angeles, but so far so good for the Kings.
Alexander Frolov had a great period, so it’s nice to see him rewarded for his efforts. He scored a wraparound goal as Roberto Luongo could not set his stick properly to defend the attempt. Frolov made a few other similar moves, which prompted me to Tweet the following.
Alex Frolov is like that guy on NHL ’10 who keeps going for the wrap around move over and over (except I’m not cursing his existence.)
You can’t pin this one on Roberto Luongo, as the Kings are keeping him busy. He’s made 15 of 16 possible saves in just one period while Jonathan Quick possibly got some light reading in (perhaps a baby book?) since he only faced 5 shots. None of which were from those pesky Sedin twins, by the way.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 13
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 30
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)