Apr 25, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
There are at least two series that just need to go seven games. Hockey fans (though probably not Detroit Red Wings fans) got their wish when Phoenix dominated Detroit to send it to a penultimate finale. It’s unclear if that will happen between Vancouver and Los Angeles, but so far so good for the Kings.
Alexander Frolov had a great period, so it’s nice to see him rewarded for his efforts. He scored a wraparound goal as Roberto Luongo could not set his stick properly to defend the attempt. Frolov made a few other similar moves, which prompted me to Tweet the following.
Alex Frolov is like that guy on NHL ’10 who keeps going for the wrap around move over and over (except I’m not cursing his existence.)
You can’t pin this one on Roberto Luongo, as the Kings are keeping him busy. He’s made 15 of 16 possible saves in just one period while Jonathan Quick possibly got some light reading in (perhaps a baby book?) since he only faced 5 shots. None of which were from those pesky Sedin twins, by the way.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55