Apr 25, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
There are at least two series that just need to go seven games. Hockey fans (though probably not Detroit Red Wings fans) got their wish when Phoenix dominated Detroit to send it to a penultimate finale. It’s unclear if that will happen between Vancouver and Los Angeles, but so far so good for the Kings.
Alexander Frolov had a great period, so it’s nice to see him rewarded for his efforts. He scored a wraparound goal as Roberto Luongo could not set his stick properly to defend the attempt. Frolov made a few other similar moves, which prompted me to Tweet the following.
Alex Frolov is like that guy on NHL ’10 who keeps going for the wrap around move over and over (except I’m not cursing his existence.)
You can’t pin this one on Roberto Luongo, as the Kings are keeping him busy. He’s made 15 of 16 possible saves in just one period while Jonathan Quick possibly got some light reading in (perhaps a baby book?) since he only faced 5 shots. None of which were from those pesky Sedin twins, by the way.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 19
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)