Apr 24, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
By all intents and purposes, this game should be over. Yet here we are, still a one goal game and somehow the Predators find themselves down just one goal after 40 minutes of play.
After a penalty-free first period, the referees decided they needed to make up for lost time. Calling anything minor transgression they may or may not have witnessed, the 2nd period was littered with eight penalties just about even distributed among the two teams.
It was Nashville, however, who had the best chance to take advantage yet they continued their struggles with the extra man, hardly mustering an attack and looked all-around woeful at times on the power play.
Yet a shorthanded goal surprised the Hawks a bit, and we’re at 3-2 headed into the third period. The shots are 24-7, the Hawks are grossly outplaying the Predators yet the road team still has one heck of a shot at the big win.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 29
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)