Apr 24, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
By all intents and purposes, this game should be over. Yet here we are, still a one goal game and somehow the Predators find themselves down just one goal after 40 minutes of play.
After a penalty-free first period, the referees decided they needed to make up for lost time. Calling anything minor transgression they may or may not have witnessed, the 2nd period was littered with eight penalties just about even distributed among the two teams.
It was Nashville, however, who had the best chance to take advantage yet they continued their struggles with the extra man, hardly mustering an attack and looked all-around woeful at times on the power play.
Yet a shorthanded goal surprised the Hawks a bit, and we’re at 3-2 headed into the third period. The shots are 24-7, the Hawks are grossly outplaying the Predators yet the road team still has one heck of a shot at the big win.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)