Apr 24, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
By all intents and purposes, this game should be over. Yet here we are, still a one goal game and somehow the Predators find themselves down just one goal after 40 minutes of play.
After a penalty-free first period, the referees decided they needed to make up for lost time. Calling anything minor transgression they may or may not have witnessed, the 2nd period was littered with eight penalties just about even distributed among the two teams.
It was Nashville, however, who had the best chance to take advantage yet they continued their struggles with the extra man, hardly mustering an attack and looked all-around woeful at times on the power play.
Yet a shorthanded goal surprised the Hawks a bit, and we’re at 3-2 headed into the third period. The shots are 24-7, the Hawks are grossly outplaying the Predators yet the road team still has one heck of a shot at the big win.
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 6
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 8
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (107)