Apr 24, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Expect Jordin Tootoo to be on the ice for the Predators today against
the Blackhawks, but we’ll have to wait until just before game time to
know if leading scorer Patric Hornqvist will be available.
received 45 stitches and required some plastic surgery to repair a
facial injury after a taking a puck off the dome in the third period of
Thursday’s game. Barry
Trotz said he’ll be ok.
“I’m told he’s fine,”
Trotz said. “They wanted to check him again after
getting stitched up. The plastic surgeon did a real good job. They said
he was fine and didn’t have any headaches or anything like that. From
all reports I expect him to be ready to go.”
been an incredible couple of days regarding facial injuries, between
Tootoo’s facial surgery, Ian Laperriere’s busted eye and Eric Belanger
performing oral surgery on himself on the Capitals bench.
it might not have helped Belanger much, but tell me again why these
players don’t wear visors?
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)