Apr 24, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Expect Jordin Tootoo to be on the ice for the Predators today against
the Blackhawks, but we’ll have to wait until just before game time to
know if leading scorer Patric Hornqvist will be available.
received 45 stitches and required some plastic surgery to repair a
facial injury after a taking a puck off the dome in the third period of
Thursday’s game. Barry
Trotz said he’ll be ok.
“I’m told he’s fine,”
Trotz said. “They wanted to check him again after
getting stitched up. The plastic surgeon did a real good job. They said
he was fine and didn’t have any headaches or anything like that. From
all reports I expect him to be ready to go.”
been an incredible couple of days regarding facial injuries, between
Tootoo’s facial surgery, Ian Laperriere’s busted eye and Eric Belanger
performing oral surgery on himself on the Capitals bench.
it might not have helped Belanger much, but tell me again why these
players don’t wear visors?
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 11
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 21
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 28
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 67
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (110)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)