Apr 24, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Expect Jordin Tootoo to be on the ice for the Predators today against
the Blackhawks, but we’ll have to wait until just before game time to
know if leading scorer Patric Hornqvist will be available.
received 45 stitches and required some plastic surgery to repair a
facial injury after a taking a puck off the dome in the third period of
Thursday’s game. Barry
Trotz said he’ll be ok.
“I’m told he’s fine,”
Trotz said. “They wanted to check him again after
getting stitched up. The plastic surgeon did a real good job. They said
he was fine and didn’t have any headaches or anything like that. From
all reports I expect him to be ready to go.”
been an incredible couple of days regarding facial injuries, between
Tootoo’s facial surgery, Ian Laperriere’s busted eye and Eric Belanger
performing oral surgery on himself on the Capitals bench.
it might not have helped Belanger much, but tell me again why these
players don’t wear visors?
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 4
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 47
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 14
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)