Apr 24, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Expect Jordin Tootoo to be on the ice for the Predators today against
the Blackhawks, but we’ll have to wait until just before game time to
know if leading scorer Patric Hornqvist will be available.
received 45 stitches and required some plastic surgery to repair a
facial injury after a taking a puck off the dome in the third period of
Thursday’s game. Barry
Trotz said he’ll be ok.
“I’m told he’s fine,”
Trotz said. “They wanted to check him again after
getting stitched up. The plastic surgeon did a real good job. They said
he was fine and didn’t have any headaches or anything like that. From
all reports I expect him to be ready to go.”
been an incredible couple of days regarding facial injuries, between
Tootoo’s facial surgery, Ian Laperriere’s busted eye and Eric Belanger
performing oral surgery on himself on the Capitals bench.
it might not have helped Belanger much, but tell me again why these
players don’t wear visors?
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)