Apr 24, 2010, 9:55 PM EDT
With two goals in the third period, the Pittsburgh Penguins tied the Ottawa Senators to send Game 6 into overtime.
It’s been an odd game so far as each period had a goal (or should I say, non-goal) that caused controversy. The first period saw a Penguins non-goal as Pascal Leclaire’s black pads made it difficult to decipher if the puck crossed the red line or not. In the second, the Senators had a goal called back because the net was knocked off its moorings. Finally, Pittsburgh were not given a goal because of goalie interference.
Matt Cullen scored the first goal for Ottawa in the first period. Things looked grim for the Penguins in the second period after Chris Neil and Daniel Alfredsson scored to make it a 3-0 lead.
Nearly a minute after Alfredsson scored that third goal, Matt Cooke scored his first of two goals. Bill Guerin blasted a powerplay goal past Leclaire right after a would-be Penguins goal was negated. Finally, Cooke scored off a wide open rebound to tie things up.
As you may know, The Senators are on the brink of elimination … again. Will it be another three-OT marathon? More on this game soon enough …
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)