Apr 24, 2010, 9:55 PM EDT
With two goals in the third period, the Pittsburgh Penguins tied the Ottawa Senators to send Game 6 into overtime.
It’s been an odd game so far as each period had a goal (or should I say, non-goal) that caused controversy. The first period saw a Penguins non-goal as Pascal Leclaire’s black pads made it difficult to decipher if the puck crossed the red line or not. In the second, the Senators had a goal called back because the net was knocked off its moorings. Finally, Pittsburgh were not given a goal because of goalie interference.
Matt Cullen scored the first goal for Ottawa in the first period. Things looked grim for the Penguins in the second period after Chris Neil and Daniel Alfredsson scored to make it a 3-0 lead.
Nearly a minute after Alfredsson scored that third goal, Matt Cooke scored his first of two goals. Bill Guerin blasted a powerplay goal past Leclaire right after a would-be Penguins goal was negated. Finally, Cooke scored off a wide open rebound to tie things up.
As you may know, The Senators are on the brink of elimination … again. Will it be another three-OT marathon? More on this game soon enough …
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 73
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (76)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)