Apr 24, 2010, 9:55 PM EDT
With two goals in the third period, the Pittsburgh Penguins tied the Ottawa Senators to send Game 6 into overtime.
It’s been an odd game so far as each period had a goal (or should I say, non-goal) that caused controversy. The first period saw a Penguins non-goal as Pascal Leclaire’s black pads made it difficult to decipher if the puck crossed the red line or not. In the second, the Senators had a goal called back because the net was knocked off its moorings. Finally, Pittsburgh were not given a goal because of goalie interference.
Matt Cullen scored the first goal for Ottawa in the first period. Things looked grim for the Penguins in the second period after Chris Neil and Daniel Alfredsson scored to make it a 3-0 lead.
Nearly a minute after Alfredsson scored that third goal, Matt Cooke scored his first of two goals. Bill Guerin blasted a powerplay goal past Leclaire right after a would-be Penguins goal was negated. Finally, Cooke scored off a wide open rebound to tie things up.
As you may know, The Senators are on the brink of elimination … again. Will it be another three-OT marathon? More on this game soon enough …
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 33
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 19
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 31
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 105
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (106)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement