Apr 24, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Thanks to Craig Custance of Sporting News, we’re getting a better
feel for just what happened at the end of the Sabres and Bruins game and
exactly what led the NHL to decide to rescind the instigator penalty
handed out to Zdeno Chara. Since Chara’s outrage was sparked by a slash
on the back of his leg, more retaliation that pure instigation, the NHL
has chosen that a suspension is not warranted.
Of course, with
Chara blindly swinging punches at Sabres players in the final seconds of
Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff says the penalties are expected.
stupid to do,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “I think you do
something like that, you risk — and it’s a serious risk — an instigator.
When you come in and start throwing punches, they got to take a hard
It took three Sabres players to take down the
Boston giant, who had taken his normal nasty approach to new levels with
some personal rage flowing through his veins. I picture a mixture of Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride and a snarling, mid-80′s Arnold.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 23
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 38
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)