Apr 24, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Thanks to Craig Custance of Sporting News, we’re getting a better
feel for just what happened at the end of the Sabres and Bruins game and
exactly what led the NHL to decide to rescind the instigator penalty
handed out to Zdeno Chara. Since Chara’s outrage was sparked by a slash
on the back of his leg, more retaliation that pure instigation, the NHL
has chosen that a suspension is not warranted.
Of course, with
Chara blindly swinging punches at Sabres players in the final seconds of
Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff says the penalties are expected.
stupid to do,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “I think you do
something like that, you risk — and it’s a serious risk — an instigator.
When you come in and start throwing punches, they got to take a hard
It took three Sabres players to take down the
Boston giant, who had taken his normal nasty approach to new levels with
some personal rage flowing through his veins. I picture a mixture of Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride and a snarling, mid-80′s Arnold.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)