Apr 24, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Thanks to Craig Custance of Sporting News, we’re getting a better
feel for just what happened at the end of the Sabres and Bruins game and
exactly what led the NHL to decide to rescind the instigator penalty
handed out to Zdeno Chara. Since Chara’s outrage was sparked by a slash
on the back of his leg, more retaliation that pure instigation, the NHL
has chosen that a suspension is not warranted.
Of course, with
Chara blindly swinging punches at Sabres players in the final seconds of
Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff says the penalties are expected.
stupid to do,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “I think you do
something like that, you risk — and it’s a serious risk — an instigator.
When you come in and start throwing punches, they got to take a hard
It took three Sabres players to take down the
Boston giant, who had taken his normal nasty approach to new levels with
some personal rage flowing through his veins. I picture a mixture of Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride and a snarling, mid-80’s Arnold.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)