Apr 24, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Thanks to Craig Custance of Sporting News, we’re getting a better
feel for just what happened at the end of the Sabres and Bruins game and
exactly what led the NHL to decide to rescind the instigator penalty
handed out to Zdeno Chara. Since Chara’s outrage was sparked by a slash
on the back of his leg, more retaliation that pure instigation, the NHL
has chosen that a suspension is not warranted.
Of course, with
Chara blindly swinging punches at Sabres players in the final seconds of
Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff says the penalties are expected.
stupid to do,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “I think you do
something like that, you risk — and it’s a serious risk — an instigator.
When you come in and start throwing punches, they got to take a hard
It took three Sabres players to take down the
Boston giant, who had taken his normal nasty approach to new levels with
some personal rage flowing through his veins. I picture a mixture of Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride and a snarling, mid-80’s Arnold.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)