Apr 24, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Update: you can eat your Scooby snacks in peace; word is that the league repealed the instigator penalty. (Source: Darren Dreger.)
It’s a legitimate fear at this point, as you can see from this Associated Press report.
The game ended with a melee in front of the Buffalo bench and five players were penalized. Boston captain Zdeno Chara was called for an instigator penalty. If it’s not rescinded, he won’t play in Game 6.
To quote the great prophet Scooby Doo, “rut roh!” The Bruins already have to be concerned after the Sabres put three goals past Tuukka Rask and won tonight’s Game 5 match, but without their Norris Trophy winning giant, they could cough up what was once a 3-1 series lead.
Chara’s presence in the next game is still up to question, though, so don’t panic (too much) in Beantown. We’ll keep an eye on the situation as the game’s late skirmish could end up being a serious blunder.
Here’s some video footage of the end-of-game scrum.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5