Apr 24, 2010, 12:02 AM EST
Update: you can eat your Scooby snacks in peace; word is that the league repealed the instigator penalty. (Source: Darren Dreger.)
It’s a legitimate fear at this point, as you can see from this Associated Press report.
The game ended with a melee in front of the Buffalo bench and five players were penalized. Boston captain Zdeno Chara was called for an instigator penalty. If it’s not rescinded, he won’t play in Game 6.
To quote the great prophet Scooby Doo, “rut roh!” The Bruins already have to be concerned after the Sabres put three goals past Tuukka Rask and won tonight’s Game 5 match, but without their Norris Trophy winning giant, they could cough up what was once a 3-1 series lead.
Chara’s presence in the next game is still up to question, though, so don’t panic (too much) in Beantown. We’ll keep an eye on the situation as the game’s late skirmish could end up being a serious blunder.
Here’s some video footage of the end-of-game scrum.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35