Apr 24, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
So far, Game 6 is a “typical” contest as far as the Sharks and Avalanche go. To be fair, Colorado is showing more spunk in this one, but it’s still a low-scoring contest in which Craig Anderson is keeping his team in the game.
Anderson made 22 out of 23 saves through two periods while Evgeni Nabokov went 14 for 15. Joe Pavelski gave the Sharks a quick lead (scoring 47 seconds into the game) and Marek Svatos tied it up early in the second period.
Whether the Avalanche win this game or not, I don’t think I’m going out on a limb when I say that Craig Anderson established himself as a potentially elite goalie in the NHL. It’s dangerous to crown someone a no-brainer great after one excellent season (see: Mason, Steve), but Anderson is turning some heads right now.
My guess is that the San Jose Sharks would like to win tonight and not have to deal with all the potential choking jokes going into a high-pressure Game 7.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 5
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 25
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 87
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (87)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months