Apr 24, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
So far, Game 6 is a “typical” contest as far as the Sharks and Avalanche go. To be fair, Colorado is showing more spunk in this one, but it’s still a low-scoring contest in which Craig Anderson is keeping his team in the game.
Anderson made 22 out of 23 saves through two periods while Evgeni Nabokov went 14 for 15. Joe Pavelski gave the Sharks a quick lead (scoring 47 seconds into the game) and Marek Svatos tied it up early in the second period.
Whether the Avalanche win this game or not, I don’t think I’m going out on a limb when I say that Craig Anderson established himself as a potentially elite goalie in the NHL. It’s dangerous to crown someone a no-brainer great after one excellent season (see: Mason, Steve), but Anderson is turning some heads right now.
My guess is that the San Jose Sharks would like to win tonight and not have to deal with all the potential choking jokes going into a high-pressure Game 7.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (76)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)