Apr 24, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
So far, Game 6 is a “typical” contest as far as the Sharks and Avalanche go. To be fair, Colorado is showing more spunk in this one, but it’s still a low-scoring contest in which Craig Anderson is keeping his team in the game.
Anderson made 22 out of 23 saves through two periods while Evgeni Nabokov went 14 for 15. Joe Pavelski gave the Sharks a quick lead (scoring 47 seconds into the game) and Marek Svatos tied it up early in the second period.
Whether the Avalanche win this game or not, I don’t think I’m going out on a limb when I say that Craig Anderson established himself as a potentially elite goalie in the NHL. It’s dangerous to crown someone a no-brainer great after one excellent season (see: Mason, Steve), but Anderson is turning some heads right now.
My guess is that the San Jose Sharks would like to win tonight and not have to deal with all the potential choking jokes going into a high-pressure Game 7.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9