Apr 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s games.
Montreal Canadiens at Washington Capitals 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, CSN Mid-Atlantic)
Capitals lead series 3-1
It’s funny to think that the last time the series was in Washington, the Caps needed a desperate surge to tie the series in overtime. Perhaps without the pressure of pleasing their rabid fan base, the Capitals took care of business in Montreal and it might just be a matter of time before the Canadiens are out of the playoffs.
Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres 7:00 PM ET (CBC, NESN, MSG)
Bruins lead series 3-1
In two days, the Eastern Conference’s second and third seeds could be goners. Pretty mind blowing when we (along with many others) chronicled the conference’s lower seed races with our tongues planted firmly in our cheeks. Is it unfair to say that the series changed completely when Thomas Vanek was injured?
Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks 10:00 PM ET (CBC, FS West)
Series tied 2-2
It’s been a hotly contested series between the gritty, veteran Canucks and the young, tough Kings so far. Who’s going to take what is normally a pivotal Game 5? It should be absolutely fascinating to watch.
Detroit Red Wings at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, FS Detroit, FS Phoenix)
Series tied 2-2
This see-saw series keeps people guessing. Just when it looked like the Coyotes were going to take control of the series, Detroit dominated them in a Game 4 at Joe Louis Arena. Just when it seemed like Ilya Bryzgalov would outclass rookie Jimmy Howard, the tide turned. There’s no guarantee that the Coyotes will play another playoff game at home, so expect their fans to be in a frenzy.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)