Apr 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
Let’s take a look at tonight’s games.
Montreal Canadiens at Washington Capitals 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, CSN Mid-Atlantic)
Capitals lead series 3-1
It’s funny to think that the last time the series was in Washington, the Caps needed a desperate surge to tie the series in overtime. Perhaps without the pressure of pleasing their rabid fan base, the Capitals took care of business in Montreal and it might just be a matter of time before the Canadiens are out of the playoffs.
Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres 7:00 PM ET (CBC, NESN, MSG)
Bruins lead series 3-1
In two days, the Eastern Conference’s second and third seeds could be goners. Pretty mind blowing when we (along with many others) chronicled the conference’s lower seed races with our tongues planted firmly in our cheeks. Is it unfair to say that the series changed completely when Thomas Vanek was injured?
Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks 10:00 PM ET (CBC, FS West)
Series tied 2-2
It’s been a hotly contested series between the gritty, veteran Canucks and the young, tough Kings so far. Who’s going to take what is normally a pivotal Game 5? It should be absolutely fascinating to watch.
Detroit Red Wings at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, FS Detroit, FS Phoenix)
Series tied 2-2
This see-saw series keeps people guessing. Just when it looked like the Coyotes were going to take control of the series, Detroit dominated them in a Game 4 at Joe Louis Arena. Just when it seemed like Ilya Bryzgalov would outclass rookie Jimmy Howard, the tide turned. There’s no guarantee that the Coyotes will play another playoff game at home, so expect their fans to be in a frenzy.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)