Apr 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
Let’s take a look at tonight’s games.
Montreal Canadiens at Washington Capitals 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, CSN Mid-Atlantic)
Capitals lead series 3-1
It’s funny to think that the last time the series was in Washington, the Caps needed a desperate surge to tie the series in overtime. Perhaps without the pressure of pleasing their rabid fan base, the Capitals took care of business in Montreal and it might just be a matter of time before the Canadiens are out of the playoffs.
Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres 7:00 PM ET (CBC, NESN, MSG)
Bruins lead series 3-1
In two days, the Eastern Conference’s second and third seeds could be goners. Pretty mind blowing when we (along with many others) chronicled the conference’s lower seed races with our tongues planted firmly in our cheeks. Is it unfair to say that the series changed completely when Thomas Vanek was injured?
Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks 10:00 PM ET (CBC, FS West)
Series tied 2-2
It’s been a hotly contested series between the gritty, veteran Canucks and the young, tough Kings so far. Who’s going to take what is normally a pivotal Game 5? It should be absolutely fascinating to watch.
Detroit Red Wings at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, FS Detroit, FS Phoenix)
Series tied 2-2
This see-saw series keeps people guessing. Just when it looked like the Coyotes were going to take control of the series, Detroit dominated them in a Game 4 at Joe Louis Arena. Just when it seemed like Ilya Bryzgalov would outclass rookie Jimmy Howard, the tide turned. There’s no guarantee that the Coyotes will play another playoff game at home, so expect their fans to be in a frenzy.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 2
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)