Apr 23, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s games.
Montreal Canadiens at Washington Capitals 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, CSN Mid-Atlantic)
Capitals lead series 3-1
It’s funny to think that the last time the series was in Washington, the Caps needed a desperate surge to tie the series in overtime. Perhaps without the pressure of pleasing their rabid fan base, the Capitals took care of business in Montreal and it might just be a matter of time before the Canadiens are out of the playoffs.
Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres 7:00 PM ET (CBC, NESN, MSG)
Bruins lead series 3-1
In two days, the Eastern Conference’s second and third seeds could be goners. Pretty mind blowing when we (along with many others) chronicled the conference’s lower seed races with our tongues planted firmly in our cheeks. Is it unfair to say that the series changed completely when Thomas Vanek was injured?
Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks 10:00 PM ET (CBC, FS West)
Series tied 2-2
It’s been a hotly contested series between the gritty, veteran Canucks and the young, tough Kings so far. Who’s going to take what is normally a pivotal Game 5? It should be absolutely fascinating to watch.
Detroit Red Wings at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN, FS Detroit, FS Phoenix)
Series tied 2-2
This see-saw series keeps people guessing. Just when it looked like the Coyotes were going to take control of the series, Detroit dominated them in a Game 4 at Joe Louis Arena. Just when it seemed like Ilya Bryzgalov would outclass rookie Jimmy Howard, the tide turned. There’s no guarantee that the Coyotes will play another playoff game at home, so expect their fans to be in a frenzy.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)