Apr 23, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Here are two stories of some note.
Jordan Tootoo needs stitches too too
Ian Laperriere received a lot of attention for his ghastly facial injury after taking a shot to the face, but he’s not the only one that received the old baseball stitching treatment. You know things are bad when you consult a plastic surgeon (although usually things are bad because you have seriously low self esteem). The former beau of Kellie Pickler needed a bunch of stitches after last night’s game against Chicago.
Nashville right wing Jordin Tootoo, who was hit in the face by a deflected puck in Chicago’s 3-0 win Thursday night, needed about 45 stitches to close the wound. He couldn’t practice Friday and was meeting with a plastic surgeon, but hopes to play Saturday.
Sidney Crosby awarded assist after the fact
Upon further review, playoff points leader Sidney Crosby has 14 points in five games since what was previously said to be Bill Guerin’s assist was eventually awarded to him.
Sidney Crosby is on such a hot streak, he’s picking up points even on days the Pittsburgh Penguins don’t play.
Crosby was retroactively awarded an assist Friday by the NHL on Kris Letang’s goal during the first period of Pittsburgh’s 4-3, three-overtime playoff loss to Ottawa on Thursday night. Bill Guerin lost the assist that was awarded to Crosby.
The scoring change gives Crosby 14 points in five playoff games, the most he has scored in his 10 career playoff series.
That 14 point tear is one more than he had in the epic 7-game series last year against the Washington Capitals. The Penguins will need Crosby to stay hot, though, after the team suffered a rough triple-OT loss to the Ottawa Senators.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)