Apr 23, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Here are two stories of some note.
Jordan Tootoo needs stitches too too
Ian Laperriere received a lot of attention for his ghastly facial injury after taking a shot to the face, but he’s not the only one that received the old baseball stitching treatment. You know things are bad when you consult a plastic surgeon (although usually things are bad because you have seriously low self esteem). The former beau of Kellie Pickler needed a bunch of stitches after last night’s game against Chicago.
Nashville right wing Jordin Tootoo, who was hit in the face by a deflected puck in Chicago’s 3-0 win Thursday night, needed about 45 stitches to close the wound. He couldn’t practice Friday and was meeting with a plastic surgeon, but hopes to play Saturday.
Sidney Crosby awarded assist after the fact
Upon further review, playoff points leader Sidney Crosby has 14 points in five games since what was previously said to be Bill Guerin’s assist was eventually awarded to him.
Sidney Crosby is on such a hot streak, he’s picking up points even on days the Pittsburgh Penguins don’t play.
Crosby was retroactively awarded an assist Friday by the NHL on Kris Letang’s goal during the first period of Pittsburgh’s 4-3, three-overtime playoff loss to Ottawa on Thursday night. Bill Guerin lost the assist that was awarded to Crosby.
The scoring change gives Crosby 14 points in five playoff games, the most he has scored in his 10 career playoff series.
That 14 point tear is one more than he had in the epic 7-game series last year against the Washington Capitals. The Penguins will need Crosby to stay hot, though, after the team suffered a rough triple-OT loss to the Ottawa Senators.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 2
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 8
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)