Apr 23, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Here are two stories of some note.
Jordan Tootoo needs stitches too too
Ian Laperriere received a lot of attention for his ghastly facial injury after taking a shot to the face, but he’s not the only one that received the old baseball stitching treatment. You know things are bad when you consult a plastic surgeon (although usually things are bad because you have seriously low self esteem). The former beau of Kellie Pickler needed a bunch of stitches after last night’s game against Chicago.
Nashville right wing Jordin Tootoo, who was hit in the face by a deflected puck in Chicago’s 3-0 win Thursday night, needed about 45 stitches to close the wound. He couldn’t practice Friday and was meeting with a plastic surgeon, but hopes to play Saturday.
Sidney Crosby awarded assist after the fact
Upon further review, playoff points leader Sidney Crosby has 14 points in five games since what was previously said to be Bill Guerin’s assist was eventually awarded to him.
Sidney Crosby is on such a hot streak, he’s picking up points even on days the Pittsburgh Penguins don’t play.
Crosby was retroactively awarded an assist Friday by the NHL on Kris Letang’s goal during the first period of Pittsburgh’s 4-3, three-overtime playoff loss to Ottawa on Thursday night. Bill Guerin lost the assist that was awarded to Crosby.
The scoring change gives Crosby 14 points in five playoff games, the most he has scored in his 10 career playoff series.
That 14 point tear is one more than he had in the epic 7-game series last year against the Washington Capitals. The Penguins will need Crosby to stay hot, though, after the team suffered a rough triple-OT loss to the Ottawa Senators.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)