Apr 23, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
What is happening in Edmonton right now would be insanely funny if it
weren’t so sad. Steve Tambellini, obviously looking to spread the blame
for the Oilers’ woes to anyone but himself, has now fired the team’s
trainer and equipment staff. Per
In the continuing purge, the three
longest-serving Edmonton Oilers’
employees — trainer Ken Lowe and equipment men Barrie Stafford and Lyle
Kulchisky — apparently no longer have their positions.
heart-and-soul Oilers may be reassigned within the organization,
although there is some thought that Lowe, brother of team president
Kevin Lowe, might not hang around.
Lowe has been with the team for 21 years.
Oilers may be using the reason for all the man-games lost to injury this
past season for the firings, but I doubt the equipment managers had
much to do with hand surgeries and back surgeries.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)