Apr 23, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
What is happening in Edmonton right now would be insanely funny if it
weren’t so sad. Steve Tambellini, obviously looking to spread the blame
for the Oilers’ woes to anyone but himself, has now fired the team’s
trainer and equipment staff. Per
In the continuing purge, the three
longest-serving Edmonton Oilers’
employees — trainer Ken Lowe and equipment men Barrie Stafford and Lyle
Kulchisky — apparently no longer have their positions.
heart-and-soul Oilers may be reassigned within the organization,
although there is some thought that Lowe, brother of team president
Kevin Lowe, might not hang around.
Lowe has been with the team for 21 years.
Oilers may be using the reason for all the man-games lost to injury this
past season for the firings, but I doubt the equipment managers had
much to do with hand surgeries and back surgeries.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)