Apr 23, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
What is happening in Edmonton right now would be insanely funny if it
weren’t so sad. Steve Tambellini, obviously looking to spread the blame
for the Oilers’ woes to anyone but himself, has now fired the team’s
trainer and equipment staff. Per
In the continuing purge, the three
longest-serving Edmonton Oilers’
employees — trainer Ken Lowe and equipment men Barrie Stafford and Lyle
Kulchisky — apparently no longer have their positions.
heart-and-soul Oilers may be reassigned within the organization,
although there is some thought that Lowe, brother of team president
Kevin Lowe, might not hang around.
Lowe has been with the team for 21 years.
Oilers may be using the reason for all the man-games lost to injury this
past season for the firings, but I doubt the equipment managers had
much to do with hand surgeries and back surgeries.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 23
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)