Apr 23, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
What is happening in Edmonton right now would be insanely funny if it
weren’t so sad. Steve Tambellini, obviously looking to spread the blame
for the Oilers’ woes to anyone but himself, has now fired the team’s
trainer and equipment staff. Per
In the continuing purge, the three
longest-serving Edmonton Oilers’
employees — trainer Ken Lowe and equipment men Barrie Stafford and Lyle
Kulchisky — apparently no longer have their positions.
heart-and-soul Oilers may be reassigned within the organization,
although there is some thought that Lowe, brother of team president
Kevin Lowe, might not hang around.
Lowe has been with the team for 21 years.
Oilers may be using the reason for all the man-games lost to injury this
past season for the firings, but I doubt the equipment managers had
much to do with hand surgeries and back surgeries.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 19
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 9
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 40
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)