Apr 23, 2010, 7:50 PM EST
So far, so good for the two teams looking to climb 3-1 mountains starting tonight.
In DC, the Capitals are playing like, well, they’re up two games in the series. While a 2-0 lead is clearly not an insurmountable one for Washington, the game actually could be quite a bit more lopsided as the Canadiens have gotten the majority of the scoring chances in this game. You know, I thought that the Capitals’ sluggish start to the series would be good for the Capitals – a team that sometimes seems to believe their own hype a bit too much. Instead, it’s quite possible that the Game 2 comeback made them think that they can sleepwalk through periods of games.
While Buffalo’s 2-0 lead doesn’t camouflage the goofiness that is their crowd’s “Tuu-Kka” chants (he’s been excellent so far), Ryan Miller & Co. are happy to build a lead in the game. Then again, this isn’t exactly an unusual situation for the series as the Sabres have 7 first period goals to Boston’s 1 so far. In other words, don’t get too comfortable Sabres fans.
Both the Sabres and Canadiens face serious uphill battles (especially since both clearly struggle to keep a lead), but they’ll take a two-goal lead over a deficit any day.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)