Apr 23, 2010, 7:50 PM EST
So far, so good for the two teams looking to climb 3-1 mountains starting tonight.
In DC, the Capitals are playing like, well, they’re up two games in the series. While a 2-0 lead is clearly not an insurmountable one for Washington, the game actually could be quite a bit more lopsided as the Canadiens have gotten the majority of the scoring chances in this game. You know, I thought that the Capitals’ sluggish start to the series would be good for the Capitals – a team that sometimes seems to believe their own hype a bit too much. Instead, it’s quite possible that the Game 2 comeback made them think that they can sleepwalk through periods of games.
While Buffalo’s 2-0 lead doesn’t camouflage the goofiness that is their crowd’s “Tuu-Kka” chants (he’s been excellent so far), Ryan Miller & Co. are happy to build a lead in the game. Then again, this isn’t exactly an unusual situation for the series as the Sabres have 7 first period goals to Boston’s 1 so far. In other words, don’t get too comfortable Sabres fans.
Both the Sabres and Canadiens face serious uphill battles (especially since both clearly struggle to keep a lead), but they’ll take a two-goal lead over a deficit any day.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)