Apr 23, 2010, 7:50 PM EST
So far, so good for the two teams looking to climb 3-1 mountains starting tonight.
In DC, the Capitals are playing like, well, they’re up two games in the series. While a 2-0 lead is clearly not an insurmountable one for Washington, the game actually could be quite a bit more lopsided as the Canadiens have gotten the majority of the scoring chances in this game. You know, I thought that the Capitals’ sluggish start to the series would be good for the Capitals – a team that sometimes seems to believe their own hype a bit too much. Instead, it’s quite possible that the Game 2 comeback made them think that they can sleepwalk through periods of games.
While Buffalo’s 2-0 lead doesn’t camouflage the goofiness that is their crowd’s “Tuu-Kka” chants (he’s been excellent so far), Ryan Miller & Co. are happy to build a lead in the game. Then again, this isn’t exactly an unusual situation for the series as the Sabres have 7 first period goals to Boston’s 1 so far. In other words, don’t get too comfortable Sabres fans.
Both the Sabres and Canadiens face serious uphill battles (especially since both clearly struggle to keep a lead), but they’ll take a two-goal lead over a deficit any day.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)