Apr 23, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
So far, so good for the two teams looking to climb 3-1 mountains starting tonight.
In DC, the Capitals are playing like, well, they’re up two games in the series. While a 2-0 lead is clearly not an insurmountable one for Washington, the game actually could be quite a bit more lopsided as the Canadiens have gotten the majority of the scoring chances in this game. You know, I thought that the Capitals’ sluggish start to the series would be good for the Capitals – a team that sometimes seems to believe their own hype a bit too much. Instead, it’s quite possible that the Game 2 comeback made them think that they can sleepwalk through periods of games.
While Buffalo’s 2-0 lead doesn’t camouflage the goofiness that is their crowd’s “Tuu-Kka” chants (he’s been excellent so far), Ryan Miller & Co. are happy to build a lead in the game. Then again, this isn’t exactly an unusual situation for the series as the Sabres have 7 first period goals to Boston’s 1 so far. In other words, don’t get too comfortable Sabres fans.
Both the Sabres and Canadiens face serious uphill battles (especially since both clearly struggle to keep a lead), but they’ll take a two-goal lead over a deficit any day.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)