Apr 22, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
There’s a lot of miscellaneous injury tidbits roaming the Internet today, so let’s take a look at a big chunk of them in quick hits fashion.
- Shane Doan is “questionable” for Game 5 back in Phoenix against Detroit. He will be a game-time decision on Friday. (source: Arizona Republic)
- After passing the baseline concussion-related testing, Marc Savard will practice with the Boston Bruins for the first time since he took that brutal hit from Matt Cooke in early March. Now, that doesn’t mean he’ll be back too soon (he’s in the process of “getting his wind back” which sadly wasn’t a joke about flatulence) but the possible return is fueling many questions regarding whether Savard may share an ice sheet with Cooke in the second round. (source for injury update: Boston Globe)
- It sounds like Jordan Leopold will continue to miss time after that rough hit by Andy Sutton. He’s currently day-to-day so chances are Jay McKee shall play in his place. (source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Habs Inside/Out reports that Jaroslav Spacek is still having problems with a virus and will be a (wait for it) game-time decision for Friday’s game against Washington.
- Quick off-season surgery updates: Michael Frolik (nose) had successful surgery. Possibly Minnesota’s best player Mikko Koivu will need two surgeries this off-season according to the Star Tribune. Also in that story: former Blackhawks defenseman Cam Barker will have surgery on his ankle.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com, a great source for injury updates.)
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)