Apr 22, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
There’s a lot of miscellaneous injury tidbits roaming the Internet today, so let’s take a look at a big chunk of them in quick hits fashion.
- Shane Doan is “questionable” for Game 5 back in Phoenix against Detroit. He will be a game-time decision on Friday. (source: Arizona Republic)
- After passing the baseline concussion-related testing, Marc Savard will practice with the Boston Bruins for the first time since he took that brutal hit from Matt Cooke in early March. Now, that doesn’t mean he’ll be back too soon (he’s in the process of “getting his wind back” which sadly wasn’t a joke about flatulence) but the possible return is fueling many questions regarding whether Savard may share an ice sheet with Cooke in the second round. (source for injury update: Boston Globe)
- It sounds like Jordan Leopold will continue to miss time after that rough hit by Andy Sutton. He’s currently day-to-day so chances are Jay McKee shall play in his place. (source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Habs Inside/Out reports that Jaroslav Spacek is still having problems with a virus and will be a (wait for it) game-time decision for Friday’s game against Washington.
- Quick off-season surgery updates: Michael Frolik (nose) had successful surgery. Possibly Minnesota’s best player Mikko Koivu will need two surgeries this off-season according to the Star Tribune. Also in that story: former Blackhawks defenseman Cam Barker will have surgery on his ankle.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com, a great source for injury updates.)
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28