Apr 22, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
There’s a lot of miscellaneous injury tidbits roaming the Internet today, so let’s take a look at a big chunk of them in quick hits fashion.
- Shane Doan is “questionable” for Game 5 back in Phoenix against Detroit. He will be a game-time decision on Friday. (source: Arizona Republic)
- After passing the baseline concussion-related testing, Marc Savard will practice with the Boston Bruins for the first time since he took that brutal hit from Matt Cooke in early March. Now, that doesn’t mean he’ll be back too soon (he’s in the process of “getting his wind back” which sadly wasn’t a joke about flatulence) but the possible return is fueling many questions regarding whether Savard may share an ice sheet with Cooke in the second round. (source for injury update: Boston Globe)
- It sounds like Jordan Leopold will continue to miss time after that rough hit by Andy Sutton. He’s currently day-to-day so chances are Jay McKee shall play in his place. (source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Habs Inside/Out reports that Jaroslav Spacek is still having problems with a virus and will be a (wait for it) game-time decision for Friday’s game against Washington.
- Quick off-season surgery updates: Michael Frolik (nose) had successful surgery. Possibly Minnesota’s best player Mikko Koivu will need two surgeries this off-season according to the Star Tribune. Also in that story: former Blackhawks defenseman Cam Barker will have surgery on his ankle.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com, a great source for injury updates.)
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11