Apr 22, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
There’s a lot of miscellaneous injury tidbits roaming the Internet today, so let’s take a look at a big chunk of them in quick hits fashion.
- Shane Doan is “questionable” for Game 5 back in Phoenix against Detroit. He will be a game-time decision on Friday. (source: Arizona Republic)
- After passing the baseline concussion-related testing, Marc Savard will practice with the Boston Bruins for the first time since he took that brutal hit from Matt Cooke in early March. Now, that doesn’t mean he’ll be back too soon (he’s in the process of “getting his wind back” which sadly wasn’t a joke about flatulence) but the possible return is fueling many questions regarding whether Savard may share an ice sheet with Cooke in the second round. (source for injury update: Boston Globe)
- It sounds like Jordan Leopold will continue to miss time after that rough hit by Andy Sutton. He’s currently day-to-day so chances are Jay McKee shall play in his place. (source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Habs Inside/Out reports that Jaroslav Spacek is still having problems with a virus and will be a (wait for it) game-time decision for Friday’s game against Washington.
- Quick off-season surgery updates: Michael Frolik (nose) had successful surgery. Possibly Minnesota’s best player Mikko Koivu will need two surgeries this off-season according to the Star Tribune. Also in that story: former Blackhawks defenseman Cam Barker will have surgery on his ankle.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com, a great source for injury updates.)
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)