Apr 22, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
NHL live announced the Calder Trophy candidates today and they’re not too surprising: Matt Duchene, Tyler Myers and Jimmy Howard are the final three. Around the end of the regular season, we shared our “Case for …” posts for all three candidates. Here’s a link to our arguments for each one.
Now, we also put up a poll to see who you thought should win it. Today seems like as good a time as any to reveal those results, then. Click the image to see who PHT readers think should win the Rookie of the Year award in the NHL.
No shame in losing that contest, though, Duchene and Howard. We’ll see if our readers match the thoughts of voters soon enough.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)