Apr 22, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
NHL live announced the Calder Trophy candidates today and they’re not too surprising: Matt Duchene, Tyler Myers and Jimmy Howard are the final three. Around the end of the regular season, we shared our “Case for …” posts for all three candidates. Here’s a link to our arguments for each one.
Now, we also put up a poll to see who you thought should win it. Today seems like as good a time as any to reveal those results, then. Click the image to see who PHT readers think should win the Rookie of the Year award in the NHL.
No shame in losing that contest, though, Duchene and Howard. We’ll see if our readers match the thoughts of voters soon enough.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 20
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)