Apr 22, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
NHL live announced the Calder Trophy candidates today and they’re not too surprising: Matt Duchene, Tyler Myers and Jimmy Howard are the final three. Around the end of the regular season, we shared our “Case for …” posts for all three candidates. Here’s a link to our arguments for each one.
Now, we also put up a poll to see who you thought should win it. Today seems like as good a time as any to reveal those results, then. Click the image to see who PHT readers think should win the Rookie of the Year award in the NHL.
No shame in losing that contest, though, Duchene and Howard. We’ll see if our readers match the thoughts of voters soon enough.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)