Apr 22, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
NHL live announced the Calder Trophy candidates today and they’re not too surprising: Matt Duchene, Tyler Myers and Jimmy Howard are the final three. Around the end of the regular season, we shared our “Case for …” posts for all three candidates. Here’s a link to our arguments for each one.
Now, we also put up a poll to see who you thought should win it. Today seems like as good a time as any to reveal those results, then. Click the image to see who PHT readers think should win the Rookie of the Year award in the NHL.
No shame in losing that contest, though, Duchene and Howard. We’ll see if our readers match the thoughts of voters soon enough.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)