Apr 22, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
NHL live announced the Calder Trophy candidates today and they’re not too surprising: Matt Duchene, Tyler Myers and Jimmy Howard are the final three. Around the end of the regular season, we shared our “Case for …” posts for all three candidates. Here’s a link to our arguments for each one.
Now, we also put up a poll to see who you thought should win it. Today seems like as good a time as any to reveal those results, then. Click the image to see who PHT readers think should win the Rookie of the Year award in the NHL.
No shame in losing that contest, though, Duchene and Howard. We’ll see if our readers match the thoughts of voters soon enough.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)