Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Even at the far-from-tender age of 45, Dominik Hasek showed that he can still be “The Dominator.”
Hasek helped lead his hometown Czech league club HC Pardubice to the Czech league title according to The Associated Press.
Pardubice beat HC Vitkovice 3-2 in overtime in Ostrava on Thursday to sweep the finals 4-0.
Hasek came out of retirement last year to play for his former club in the Czech league in the town where he was born and started his career.
… Hasek had three shutouts in the playoffs, one in the finals, while his Pardubice lost just one game in the playoffs before claiming 12 consecutive wins.
Yup, that sounds like something Hasek would do. Somewhere, Chris Chelios is jealous.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)