Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Even at the far-from-tender age of 45, Dominik Hasek showed that he can still be “The Dominator.”
Hasek helped lead his hometown Czech league club HC Pardubice to the Czech league title according to The Associated Press.
Pardubice beat HC Vitkovice 3-2 in overtime in Ostrava on Thursday to sweep the finals 4-0.
Hasek came out of retirement last year to play for his former club in the Czech league in the town where he was born and started his career.
… Hasek had three shutouts in the playoffs, one in the finals, while his Pardubice lost just one game in the playoffs before claiming 12 consecutive wins.
Yup, that sounds like something Hasek would do. Somewhere, Chris Chelios is jealous.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)