Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Even at the far-from-tender age of 45, Dominik Hasek showed that he can still be “The Dominator.”
Hasek helped lead his hometown Czech league club HC Pardubice to the Czech league title according to The Associated Press.
Pardubice beat HC Vitkovice 3-2 in overtime in Ostrava on Thursday to sweep the finals 4-0.
Hasek came out of retirement last year to play for his former club in the Czech league in the town where he was born and started his career.
… Hasek had three shutouts in the playoffs, one in the finals, while his Pardubice lost just one game in the playoffs before claiming 12 consecutive wins.
Yup, that sounds like something Hasek would do. Somewhere, Chris Chelios is jealous.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)