Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Even at the far-from-tender age of 45, Dominik Hasek showed that he can still be “The Dominator.”
Hasek helped lead his hometown Czech league club HC Pardubice to the Czech league title according to The Associated Press.
Pardubice beat HC Vitkovice 3-2 in overtime in Ostrava on Thursday to sweep the finals 4-0.
Hasek came out of retirement last year to play for his former club in the Czech league in the town where he was born and started his career.
… Hasek had three shutouts in the playoffs, one in the finals, while his Pardubice lost just one game in the playoffs before claiming 12 consecutive wins.
Yup, that sounds like something Hasek would do. Somewhere, Chris Chelios is jealous.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2