Apr 22, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Even at the far-from-tender age of 45, Dominik Hasek showed that he can still be “The Dominator.”
Hasek helped lead his hometown Czech league club HC Pardubice to the Czech league title according to The Associated Press.
Pardubice beat HC Vitkovice 3-2 in overtime in Ostrava on Thursday to sweep the finals 4-0.
Hasek came out of retirement last year to play for his former club in the Czech league in the town where he was born and started his career.
… Hasek had three shutouts in the playoffs, one in the finals, while his Pardubice lost just one game in the playoffs before claiming 12 consecutive wins.
Yup, that sounds like something Hasek would do. Somewhere, Chris Chelios is jealous.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)