Apr 22, 2010, 10:47 PM EDT
Ottawa and Pittsburgh weren’t content to have just one series in these playoffs see multiple overtimes so they decided to do it themselves tonight. One difference between the first overtime period these teams played and how a lot of overtime periods seem to go is that there were a handful of penalties called. Ottawa had two power play opportunities in the extra frame while Pittsburgh had one. The teams also had matching minors called against them later in the period.
Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire is doing his part to keep his team in the game, stopping 45 of 48 shots through 80 minutes of play. Marc-Andre Fleury has stopped 31 of 34 shots.
In Nashville, the Predators trail the Blackhawks 3-0 in the third period thanks to two goals by Patrick Sharp, one on the power play. Jonathan Toews scored his first goal of the playoffs in the second period.
In San Jose, the Sharks and Avalanche are about to drop the puck in their Game 5 match up. Dany Heatley has been moved down to the third line as he’s been bothered with a lower body injury that has slowed him down. Torrey Mitchell moves up to the first line to play along side Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 13
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)