Apr 22, 2010, 10:47 PM EDT
Ottawa and Pittsburgh weren’t content to have just one series in these playoffs see multiple overtimes so they decided to do it themselves tonight. One difference between the first overtime period these teams played and how a lot of overtime periods seem to go is that there were a handful of penalties called. Ottawa had two power play opportunities in the extra frame while Pittsburgh had one. The teams also had matching minors called against them later in the period.
Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire is doing his part to keep his team in the game, stopping 45 of 48 shots through 80 minutes of play. Marc-Andre Fleury has stopped 31 of 34 shots.
In Nashville, the Predators trail the Blackhawks 3-0 in the third period thanks to two goals by Patrick Sharp, one on the power play. Jonathan Toews scored his first goal of the playoffs in the second period.
In San Jose, the Sharks and Avalanche are about to drop the puck in their Game 5 match up. Dany Heatley has been moved down to the third line as he’s been bothered with a lower body injury that has slowed him down. Torrey Mitchell moves up to the first line to play along side Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 27
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)