Apr 22, 2010, 10:47 PM EST
Ottawa and Pittsburgh weren’t content to have just one series in these playoffs see multiple overtimes so they decided to do it themselves tonight. One difference between the first overtime period these teams played and how a lot of overtime periods seem to go is that there were a handful of penalties called. Ottawa had two power play opportunities in the extra frame while Pittsburgh had one. The teams also had matching minors called against them later in the period.
Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire is doing his part to keep his team in the game, stopping 45 of 48 shots through 80 minutes of play. Marc-Andre Fleury has stopped 31 of 34 shots.
In Nashville, the Predators trail the Blackhawks 3-0 in the third period thanks to two goals by Patrick Sharp, one on the power play. Jonathan Toews scored his first goal of the playoffs in the second period.
In San Jose, the Sharks and Avalanche are about to drop the puck in their Game 5 match up. Dany Heatley has been moved down to the third line as he’s been bothered with a lower body injury that has slowed him down. Torrey Mitchell moves up to the first line to play along side Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)