Apr 22, 2010, 10:47 PM EDT
Ottawa and Pittsburgh weren’t content to have just one series in these playoffs see multiple overtimes so they decided to do it themselves tonight. One difference between the first overtime period these teams played and how a lot of overtime periods seem to go is that there were a handful of penalties called. Ottawa had two power play opportunities in the extra frame while Pittsburgh had one. The teams also had matching minors called against them later in the period.
Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire is doing his part to keep his team in the game, stopping 45 of 48 shots through 80 minutes of play. Marc-Andre Fleury has stopped 31 of 34 shots.
In Nashville, the Predators trail the Blackhawks 3-0 in the third period thanks to two goals by Patrick Sharp, one on the power play. Jonathan Toews scored his first goal of the playoffs in the second period.
In San Jose, the Sharks and Avalanche are about to drop the puck in their Game 5 match up. Dany Heatley has been moved down to the third line as he’s been bothered with a lower body injury that has slowed him down. Torrey Mitchell moves up to the first line to play along side Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25