Apr 22, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
Both the Ottawa Senators and the New Jersey Devils enter their respective Game 5s tonight with their seasons on the line and how each team has come out may prove to be a sign of things to come tonight.
As has been usual in the Devils series with the Philadelphia Flyers, the officiating has been tight and we’ve already seen two minors called on each team through one period of play, but so far it’s been the Flyers on top thanks to a power play goal from Daniel Briere. For the Flyers, it was the perfect first period to come out with: tough, aggressive and unrelenting in the face of the Devils. The Devils will have to step up a bit if they want to keep playing past tonight.
In Pittsburgh, the Penguins are looking to finish off the Senators but so far the Senators have answered the bell. Buoyed by Pascal Leclaire in goal, the Sens jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead on the backs of goals from Mike Fisher and Jarkko Ruutu. The Pens came back late in the first thanks to a goal from Kris Letang. For Ottawa, they’re going to have to stay out of the box to stay in this one. The Sens took three minors that period and Letang’s goal came on the power play. Pittsburgh may want to do the same as well as Fisher’s goal came on Ottawa’s lone opportunity on the man advantage.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)