Apr 21, 2010, 2:05 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers are up 3-1 and things aren’t looking great for the New Jersey Devils (more on that later), but there is a bit of bad news for the Broadstreet Bullies. Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne will miss Game 5 with foot injuries according to The Associated Press.
Flyers forwards Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne have been ruled out for Thursday night’s playoff game against the the New Jersey Devils.
Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement Wednesday that both players hurt their right foot during Tuesday night’s game. They are listed as day-to-day.
I assumed that the oft-injured Gagne would miss some time after word came out that a Brian Rolston shot left him with a broken toe. Admittedly, I thought that Jeff Carter aggravated an injury he suffered late in the season, but apparently he had a problem with his other foot.
Look, in the grand scheme of things, you have to take a chance with blocking shots. But in the case of Gagne, it’s understandable if teams have some mixed feelings about star players putting themselves in harm’s way.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)