Apr 21, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are up 3-1 and things aren’t looking great for the New Jersey Devils (more on that later), but there is a bit of bad news for the Broadstreet Bullies. Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne will miss Game 5 with foot injuries according to The Associated Press.
Flyers forwards Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne have been ruled out for Thursday night’s playoff game against the the New Jersey Devils.
Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement Wednesday that both players hurt their right foot during Tuesday night’s game. They are listed as day-to-day.
I assumed that the oft-injured Gagne would miss some time after word came out that a Brian Rolston shot left him with a broken toe. Admittedly, I thought that Jeff Carter aggravated an injury he suffered late in the season, but apparently he had a problem with his other foot.
Look, in the grand scheme of things, you have to take a chance with blocking shots. But in the case of Gagne, it’s understandable if teams have some mixed feelings about star players putting themselves in harm’s way.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)