Apr 21, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are up 3-1 and things aren’t looking great for the New Jersey Devils (more on that later), but there is a bit of bad news for the Broadstreet Bullies. Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne will miss Game 5 with foot injuries according to The Associated Press.
Flyers forwards Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne have been ruled out for Thursday night’s playoff game against the the New Jersey Devils.
Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement Wednesday that both players hurt their right foot during Tuesday night’s game. They are listed as day-to-day.
I assumed that the oft-injured Gagne would miss some time after word came out that a Brian Rolston shot left him with a broken toe. Admittedly, I thought that Jeff Carter aggravated an injury he suffered late in the season, but apparently he had a problem with his other foot.
Look, in the grand scheme of things, you have to take a chance with blocking shots. But in the case of Gagne, it’s understandable if teams have some mixed feelings about star players putting themselves in harm’s way.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5