Apr 21, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are up 3-1 and things aren’t looking great for the New Jersey Devils (more on that later), but there is a bit of bad news for the Broadstreet Bullies. Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne will miss Game 5 with foot injuries according to The Associated Press.
Flyers forwards Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne have been ruled out for Thursday night’s playoff game against the the New Jersey Devils.
Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement Wednesday that both players hurt their right foot during Tuesday night’s game. They are listed as day-to-day.
I assumed that the oft-injured Gagne would miss some time after word came out that a Brian Rolston shot left him with a broken toe. Admittedly, I thought that Jeff Carter aggravated an injury he suffered late in the season, but apparently he had a problem with his other foot.
Look, in the grand scheme of things, you have to take a chance with blocking shots. But in the case of Gagne, it’s understandable if teams have some mixed feelings about star players putting themselves in harm’s way.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)