Apr 21, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are up 3-1 and things aren’t looking great for the New Jersey Devils (more on that later), but there is a bit of bad news for the Broadstreet Bullies. Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne will miss Game 5 with foot injuries according to The Associated Press.
Flyers forwards Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne have been ruled out for Thursday night’s playoff game against the the New Jersey Devils.
Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement Wednesday that both players hurt their right foot during Tuesday night’s game. They are listed as day-to-day.
I assumed that the oft-injured Gagne would miss some time after word came out that a Brian Rolston shot left him with a broken toe. Admittedly, I thought that Jeff Carter aggravated an injury he suffered late in the season, but apparently he had a problem with his other foot.
Look, in the grand scheme of things, you have to take a chance with blocking shots. But in the case of Gagne, it’s understandable if teams have some mixed feelings about star players putting themselves in harm’s way.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8