Apr 21, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
One San Jose Sharks player unlikely to face much “choking” talk is Joe Pavelski.
In Game 2 the American center scored a late third period that sent the match into overtime; the Sharks would eventually take their first win. Taking it one step further, Pavelski scored the overtime game winner last night, tying the series 2-2 in the process.
It might not be the prettiest goal you have ever seen, but for beleaguered Sharks fans, it was a sight for sore eyes. Now, if the team can just make sure that Pavelski will be seen in teal next season …
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39