Apr 21, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
Michael Russo has some interesting quotes from former Minnesota Wild
assistant GM Tommy Thompson, as he finishes up one last scouting trip
overseas. The Wild are under pressure to improve after a mediocre season
and years of ‘building’ an underwhelming prospect system.
interview, Thompson says that he would not have been returning next
season to the team even if offered a contract extension by GM Chuck
“Chuck had indicated that he was not going
to be offering a new contract
and I had no personal beefs with anyone, but the reality is as people
close to me knew, I was not interested in coming back either.”
would go on to say that there is a “different culture” in the Wild
organization now, that began when Brent Flahr was hired last summer as
assistant GM in charge of amateur and pro player personnel.
wouldn’t expand on that thought, obviously not wanting to get into a war
of words with his former employers and just content to say it was an
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 33
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 35
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 93
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead