Apr 21, 2010, 12:22 AM EDT
It wasn’t quite all sunshine for the Philadelphia Flyers after their 4-1 Game 4 win over New Jersey. Tim Panaccio from CSNPhilly.com reports that Flyers forward Simon Gagne suffered a broken toe blocking two shots in the game.
The Flyers took X-rays, but did not release the details. Gagne will undergo additional testing on Wednesday. His status for the remainder of the series is unknown.
General manager Paul Holmgren said the team would have an update on Wednesday.
The Flyers cannot afford to have injuries to key forwards like Gagne, but line juggling in the game paid off in a couple of ways for them as it helped get team lightning rod Dan Carcillo back on the board when he was moved up to play on a line with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Carcillo’s goal gave the Flyers a 3-1 lead in the third period. Not to get caught looking too far ahead, you’d have to be concerned about the Flyers chances deeper in the playoffs without Gagne should they get past New Jersey.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22