Apr 21, 2010, 12:22 AM EDT
It wasn’t quite all sunshine for the Philadelphia Flyers after their 4-1 Game 4 win over New Jersey. Tim Panaccio from CSNPhilly.com reports that Flyers forward Simon Gagne suffered a broken toe blocking two shots in the game.
The Flyers took X-rays, but did not release the details. Gagne will undergo additional testing on Wednesday. His status for the remainder of the series is unknown.
General manager Paul Holmgren said the team would have an update on Wednesday.
The Flyers cannot afford to have injuries to key forwards like Gagne, but line juggling in the game paid off in a couple of ways for them as it helped get team lightning rod Dan Carcillo back on the board when he was moved up to play on a line with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Carcillo’s goal gave the Flyers a 3-1 lead in the third period. Not to get caught looking too far ahead, you’d have to be concerned about the Flyers chances deeper in the playoffs without Gagne should they get past New Jersey.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)