Apr 21, 2010, 12:22 AM EDT
It wasn’t quite all sunshine for the Philadelphia Flyers after their 4-1 Game 4 win over New Jersey. Tim Panaccio from CSNPhilly.com reports that Flyers forward Simon Gagne suffered a broken toe blocking two shots in the game.
The Flyers took X-rays, but did not release the details. Gagne will undergo additional testing on Wednesday. His status for the remainder of the series is unknown.
General manager Paul Holmgren said the team would have an update on Wednesday.
The Flyers cannot afford to have injuries to key forwards like Gagne, but line juggling in the game paid off in a couple of ways for them as it helped get team lightning rod Dan Carcillo back on the board when he was moved up to play on a line with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Carcillo’s goal gave the Flyers a 3-1 lead in the third period. Not to get caught looking too far ahead, you’d have to be concerned about the Flyers chances deeper in the playoffs without Gagne should they get past New Jersey.
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 5
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 16
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2