Apr 21, 2010, 12:22 AM EDT
It wasn’t quite all sunshine for the Philadelphia Flyers after their 4-1 Game 4 win over New Jersey. Tim Panaccio from CSNPhilly.com reports that Flyers forward Simon Gagne suffered a broken toe blocking two shots in the game.
The Flyers took X-rays, but did not release the details. Gagne will undergo additional testing on Wednesday. His status for the remainder of the series is unknown.
General manager Paul Holmgren said the team would have an update on Wednesday.
The Flyers cannot afford to have injuries to key forwards like Gagne, but line juggling in the game paid off in a couple of ways for them as it helped get team lightning rod Dan Carcillo back on the board when he was moved up to play on a line with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Carcillo’s goal gave the Flyers a 3-1 lead in the third period. Not to get caught looking too far ahead, you’d have to be concerned about the Flyers chances deeper in the playoffs without Gagne should they get past New Jersey.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)