Apr 21, 2010, 12:22 AM EDT
It wasn’t quite all sunshine for the Philadelphia Flyers after their 4-1 Game 4 win over New Jersey. Tim Panaccio from CSNPhilly.com reports that Flyers forward Simon Gagne suffered a broken toe blocking two shots in the game.
The Flyers took X-rays, but did not release the details. Gagne will undergo additional testing on Wednesday. His status for the remainder of the series is unknown.
General manager Paul Holmgren said the team would have an update on Wednesday.
The Flyers cannot afford to have injuries to key forwards like Gagne, but line juggling in the game paid off in a couple of ways for them as it helped get team lightning rod Dan Carcillo back on the board when he was moved up to play on a line with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Carcillo’s goal gave the Flyers a 3-1 lead in the third period. Not to get caught looking too far ahead, you’d have to be concerned about the Flyers chances deeper in the playoffs without Gagne should they get past New Jersey.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 0
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36