Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
You have to feel for Brian Elliott. He almost saved the Senators’
season by himself, giving the team stability in net when they needed it
the most. Taking over full time for Pascal Leclaire, Eilliott was the
defacto goaltender for the Senators as they headed into the postseason
series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, after four games, a
4.14 goals-against average and a laughably bad .853 save-percentage it
seems that Eilliott may be done for the season as the team’s starter.
Per Bruce Garrioch,
he wants another shot.
“Right now, I have no idea,” Elliott said Wednesday. “I would love
the opportunity to get back in there, but whatever happens, happens.
“We all have something to prove. Not just from (Tuesday), but from
the other games as well. We proved in the first game that we can win. As
a team, we just have to show that again.”
As much as you feel for Elliiott and how he’s struggled in this
series, you’d have to think that Cory Clouston goes with Leclaire in
tomorrow’s game. Elliott hasn’t just been shaky; he’s been downright
horrible. He was excitable and on edge in Game 1, since then he’s been
uncomfortable and painfully inconsistent.
Of course, knowing Pascal Leclaire, he may just get his chance to
prove himself once more in Game 5.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)