Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
You have to feel for Brian Elliott. He almost saved the Senators’
season by himself, giving the team stability in net when they needed it
the most. Taking over full time for Pascal Leclaire, Eilliott was the
defacto goaltender for the Senators as they headed into the postseason
series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, after four games, a
4.14 goals-against average and a laughably bad .853 save-percentage it
seems that Eilliott may be done for the season as the team’s starter.
Per Bruce Garrioch,
he wants another shot.
“Right now, I have no idea,” Elliott said Wednesday. “I would love
the opportunity to get back in there, but whatever happens, happens.
“We all have something to prove. Not just from (Tuesday), but from
the other games as well. We proved in the first game that we can win. As
a team, we just have to show that again.”
As much as you feel for Elliiott and how he’s struggled in this
series, you’d have to think that Cory Clouston goes with Leclaire in
tomorrow’s game. Elliott hasn’t just been shaky; he’s been downright
horrible. He was excitable and on edge in Game 1, since then he’s been
uncomfortable and painfully inconsistent.
Of course, knowing Pascal Leclaire, he may just get his chance to
prove himself once more in Game 5.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)