Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
You have to feel for Brian Elliott. He almost saved the Senators’
season by himself, giving the team stability in net when they needed it
the most. Taking over full time for Pascal Leclaire, Eilliott was the
defacto goaltender for the Senators as they headed into the postseason
series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, after four games, a
4.14 goals-against average and a laughably bad .853 save-percentage it
seems that Eilliott may be done for the season as the team’s starter.
Per Bruce Garrioch,
he wants another shot.
“Right now, I have no idea,” Elliott said Wednesday. “I would love
the opportunity to get back in there, but whatever happens, happens.
“We all have something to prove. Not just from (Tuesday), but from
the other games as well. We proved in the first game that we can win. As
a team, we just have to show that again.”
As much as you feel for Elliiott and how he’s struggled in this
series, you’d have to think that Cory Clouston goes with Leclaire in
tomorrow’s game. Elliott hasn’t just been shaky; he’s been downright
horrible. He was excitable and on edge in Game 1, since then he’s been
uncomfortable and painfully inconsistent.
Of course, knowing Pascal Leclaire, he may just get his chance to
prove himself once more in Game 5.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)