Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
You have to feel for Brian Elliott. He almost saved the Senators’
season by himself, giving the team stability in net when they needed it
the most. Taking over full time for Pascal Leclaire, Eilliott was the
defacto goaltender for the Senators as they headed into the postseason
series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, after four games, a
4.14 goals-against average and a laughably bad .853 save-percentage it
seems that Eilliott may be done for the season as the team’s starter.
Per Bruce Garrioch,
he wants another shot.
“Right now, I have no idea,” Elliott said Wednesday. “I would love
the opportunity to get back in there, but whatever happens, happens.
“We all have something to prove. Not just from (Tuesday), but from
the other games as well. We proved in the first game that we can win. As
a team, we just have to show that again.”
As much as you feel for Elliiott and how he’s struggled in this
series, you’d have to think that Cory Clouston goes with Leclaire in
tomorrow’s game. Elliott hasn’t just been shaky; he’s been downright
horrible. He was excitable and on edge in Game 1, since then he’s been
uncomfortable and painfully inconsistent.
Of course, knowing Pascal Leclaire, he may just get his chance to
prove himself once more in Game 5.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)