Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
You have to feel for Brian Elliott. He almost saved the Senators’
season by himself, giving the team stability in net when they needed it
the most. Taking over full time for Pascal Leclaire, Eilliott was the
defacto goaltender for the Senators as they headed into the postseason
series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Now, after four games, a
4.14 goals-against average and a laughably bad .853 save-percentage it
seems that Eilliott may be done for the season as the team’s starter.
Per Bruce Garrioch,
he wants another shot.
“Right now, I have no idea,” Elliott said Wednesday. “I would love
the opportunity to get back in there, but whatever happens, happens.
“We all have something to prove. Not just from (Tuesday), but from
the other games as well. We proved in the first game that we can win. As
a team, we just have to show that again.”
As much as you feel for Elliiott and how he’s struggled in this
series, you’d have to think that Cory Clouston goes with Leclaire in
tomorrow’s game. Elliott hasn’t just been shaky; he’s been downright
horrible. He was excitable and on edge in Game 1, since then he’s been
uncomfortable and painfully inconsistent.
Of course, knowing Pascal Leclaire, he may just get his chance to
prove himself once more in Game 5.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 20
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)