Apr 20, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
The Nashville Predators are facing a last-minute scramble this afternoon, as there are reportedly a good number of tickets still available for tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Per John Glennon of Predators Insider:
As of this morning, there were still plenty of tickets remaining for
tonight’s game against the Blackhawks, which wasn’t too surprising
given that the count was 2,000 available as of Monday afternoon.
All 20 playoff games so far in the playoffs have been sellouts (yes, even those in Phoenix), and Nashville is threatening to become the first team this season to not sell out a home game.
It’s not a great sign for the team, which has consistently operated near the NHL’s salary cap floor, working at being competitive without spending a ton of money. Yet it’s seemed that the Predators have always, and much more lately, just a step away. Playoff game revenue is big for these teams, and being able to spend just a bit more, no matter how much, is what can put a team like Nashville over the top.
So if you’re a Predators fan, head out to the game tonight. The cheapest tickets are still available ($29 and $39), so it’s not a money issue. Support the team, and prove that hockey fans are just as hardcore in Nashville as anywhere else.
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 0
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)