Apr 20, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
The Nashville Predators are facing a last-minute scramble this afternoon, as there are reportedly a good number of tickets still available for tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Per John Glennon of Predators Insider:
As of this morning, there were still plenty of tickets remaining for
tonight’s game against the Blackhawks, which wasn’t too surprising
given that the count was 2,000 available as of Monday afternoon.
All 20 playoff games so far in the playoffs have been sellouts (yes, even those in Phoenix), and Nashville is threatening to become the first team this season to not sell out a home game.
It’s not a great sign for the team, which has consistently operated near the NHL’s salary cap floor, working at being competitive without spending a ton of money. Yet it’s seemed that the Predators have always, and much more lately, just a step away. Playoff game revenue is big for these teams, and being able to spend just a bit more, no matter how much, is what can put a team like Nashville over the top.
So if you’re a Predators fan, head out to the game tonight. The cheapest tickets are still available ($29 and $39), so it’s not a money issue. Support the team, and prove that hockey fans are just as hardcore in Nashville as anywhere else.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)