Apr 20, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators are facing a last-minute scramble this afternoon, as there are reportedly a good number of tickets still available for tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Per John Glennon of Predators Insider:
As of this morning, there were still plenty of tickets remaining for
tonight’s game against the Blackhawks, which wasn’t too surprising
given that the count was 2,000 available as of Monday afternoon.
All 20 playoff games so far in the playoffs have been sellouts (yes, even those in Phoenix), and Nashville is threatening to become the first team this season to not sell out a home game.
It’s not a great sign for the team, which has consistently operated near the NHL’s salary cap floor, working at being competitive without spending a ton of money. Yet it’s seemed that the Predators have always, and much more lately, just a step away. Playoff game revenue is big for these teams, and being able to spend just a bit more, no matter how much, is what can put a team like Nashville over the top.
So if you’re a Predators fan, head out to the game tonight. The cheapest tickets are still available ($29 and $39), so it’s not a money issue. Support the team, and prove that hockey fans are just as hardcore in Nashville as anywhere else.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (65)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)