Apr 20, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators are facing a last-minute scramble this afternoon, as there are reportedly a good number of tickets still available for tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Per John Glennon of Predators Insider:
As of this morning, there were still plenty of tickets remaining for
tonight’s game against the Blackhawks, which wasn’t too surprising
given that the count was 2,000 available as of Monday afternoon.
All 20 playoff games so far in the playoffs have been sellouts (yes, even those in Phoenix), and Nashville is threatening to become the first team this season to not sell out a home game.
It’s not a great sign for the team, which has consistently operated near the NHL’s salary cap floor, working at being competitive without spending a ton of money. Yet it’s seemed that the Predators have always, and much more lately, just a step away. Playoff game revenue is big for these teams, and being able to spend just a bit more, no matter how much, is what can put a team like Nashville over the top.
So if you’re a Predators fan, head out to the game tonight. The cheapest tickets are still available ($29 and $39), so it’s not a money issue. Support the team, and prove that hockey fans are just as hardcore in Nashville as anywhere else.
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 1
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 8
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)