Apr 20, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators are facing a last-minute scramble this afternoon, as there are reportedly a good number of tickets still available for tonight’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Per John Glennon of Predators Insider:
As of this morning, there were still plenty of tickets remaining for
tonight’s game against the Blackhawks, which wasn’t too surprising
given that the count was 2,000 available as of Monday afternoon.
All 20 playoff games so far in the playoffs have been sellouts (yes, even those in Phoenix), and Nashville is threatening to become the first team this season to not sell out a home game.
It’s not a great sign for the team, which has consistently operated near the NHL’s salary cap floor, working at being competitive without spending a ton of money. Yet it’s seemed that the Predators have always, and much more lately, just a step away. Playoff game revenue is big for these teams, and being able to spend just a bit more, no matter how much, is what can put a team like Nashville over the top.
So if you’re a Predators fan, head out to the game tonight. The cheapest tickets are still available ($29 and $39), so it’s not a money issue. Support the team, and prove that hockey fans are just as hardcore in Nashville as anywhere else.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)