Apr 20, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
According to Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune, assistant GM of the Minnesota Wild Tommy Thompson has been fired.
Thompson, 56, has been with the Wild 11 years. He was originally hired
by Doug Risebrough and was one of the team’s first employees. He was
mostly in charge of the amateur scouting department and responsible for
The Minnesota Wild struggled mightily this past season, and have one of the barest prospect systems in the NHL. They were ranked dead last by Hockey Future’s organizational rankings, and this was before the team traded Nick Leddy away.
The Wild will be facing a tough summer, with $47 million in payroll already locked up for next season, and just 17 players on the NHL roster. The Wild have the 9th overall pick in the this year’s NHL Entry Draft.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51