Apr 20, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
According to Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune, assistant GM of the Minnesota Wild Tommy Thompson has been fired.
Thompson, 56, has been with the Wild 11 years. He was originally hired
by Doug Risebrough and was one of the team’s first employees. He was
mostly in charge of the amateur scouting department and responsible for
The Minnesota Wild struggled mightily this past season, and have one of the barest prospect systems in the NHL. They were ranked dead last by Hockey Future’s organizational rankings, and this was before the team traded Nick Leddy away.
The Wild will be facing a tough summer, with $47 million in payroll already locked up for next season, and just 17 players on the NHL roster. The Wild have the 9th overall pick in the this year’s NHL Entry Draft.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)