Apr 20, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
According to Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune, assistant GM of the Minnesota Wild Tommy Thompson has been fired.
Thompson, 56, has been with the Wild 11 years. He was originally hired
by Doug Risebrough and was one of the team’s first employees. He was
mostly in charge of the amateur scouting department and responsible for
The Minnesota Wild struggled mightily this past season, and have one of the barest prospect systems in the NHL. They were ranked dead last by Hockey Future’s organizational rankings, and this was before the team traded Nick Leddy away.
The Wild will be facing a tough summer, with $47 million in payroll already locked up for next season, and just 17 players on the NHL roster. The Wild have the 9th overall pick in the this year’s NHL Entry Draft.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)