Apr 20, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
According to Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune, assistant GM of the Minnesota Wild Tommy Thompson has been fired.
Thompson, 56, has been with the Wild 11 years. He was originally hired
by Doug Risebrough and was one of the team’s first employees. He was
mostly in charge of the amateur scouting department and responsible for
The Minnesota Wild struggled mightily this past season, and have one of the barest prospect systems in the NHL. They were ranked dead last by Hockey Future’s organizational rankings, and this was before the team traded Nick Leddy away.
The Wild will be facing a tough summer, with $47 million in payroll already locked up for next season, and just 17 players on the NHL roster. The Wild have the 9th overall pick in the this year’s NHL Entry Draft.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)