Apr 20, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
Warm up your second-guessing machine in Montreal. According to Tony Marinaro of Montreal’s Team 990 radio, a source has told him that Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens in Game 4 rather than Jaroslav Halak.
Obviously goaltending is a hot button issue for everyone, but in Montreal it’s taken a life of its own on almost a Twilight level of fervor to the point that there might as well be “Team Carey” and “Team Halak” t-shirts. While client Halak hasn’t been out-of-his mind great in the series, perhaps judging him based a complete team meltdown in Game 3 is a bit shortsighted.
Is this absolute stone cold gospel that Price will get the nod? I’d hedge my bets and say no, but a goaltending change like this after a huge stinkbomb of a game could be coach Jacques Martin’s way of delivering a message to the team.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5