Apr 20, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
Warm up your second-guessing machine in Montreal. According to Tony Marinaro of Montreal’s Team 990 radio, a source has told him that Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens in Game 4 rather than Jaroslav Halak.
Obviously goaltending is a hot button issue for everyone, but in Montreal it’s taken a life of its own on almost a Twilight level of fervor to the point that there might as well be “Team Carey” and “Team Halak” t-shirts. While client Halak hasn’t been out-of-his mind great in the series, perhaps judging him based a complete team meltdown in Game 3 is a bit shortsighted.
Is this absolute stone cold gospel that Price will get the nod? I’d hedge my bets and say no, but a goaltending change like this after a huge stinkbomb of a game could be coach Jacques Martin’s way of delivering a message to the team.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7