Apr 20, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
Warm up your second-guessing machine in Montreal. According to Tony Marinaro of Montreal’s Team 990 radio, a source has told him that Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens in Game 4 rather than Jaroslav Halak.
Obviously goaltending is a hot button issue for everyone, but in Montreal it’s taken a life of its own on almost a Twilight level of fervor to the point that there might as well be “Team Carey” and “Team Halak” t-shirts. While client Halak hasn’t been out-of-his mind great in the series, perhaps judging him based a complete team meltdown in Game 3 is a bit shortsighted.
Is this absolute stone cold gospel that Price will get the nod? I’d hedge my bets and say no, but a goaltending change like this after a huge stinkbomb of a game could be coach Jacques Martin’s way of delivering a message to the team.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39