Apr 20, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
Warm up your second-guessing machine in Montreal. According to Tony Marinaro of Montreal’s Team 990 radio, a source has told him that Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens in Game 4 rather than Jaroslav Halak.
Obviously goaltending is a hot button issue for everyone, but in Montreal it’s taken a life of its own on almost a Twilight level of fervor to the point that there might as well be “Team Carey” and “Team Halak” t-shirts. While client Halak hasn’t been out-of-his mind great in the series, perhaps judging him based a complete team meltdown in Game 3 is a bit shortsighted.
Is this absolute stone cold gospel that Price will get the nod? I’d hedge my bets and say no, but a goaltending change like this after a huge stinkbomb of a game could be coach Jacques Martin’s way of delivering a message to the team.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)