Apr 20, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
Warm up your second-guessing machine in Montreal. According to Tony Marinaro of Montreal’s Team 990 radio, a source has told him that Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens in Game 4 rather than Jaroslav Halak.
Obviously goaltending is a hot button issue for everyone, but in Montreal it’s taken a life of its own on almost a Twilight level of fervor to the point that there might as well be “Team Carey” and “Team Halak” t-shirts. While client Halak hasn’t been out-of-his mind great in the series, perhaps judging him based a complete team meltdown in Game 3 is a bit shortsighted.
Is this absolute stone cold gospel that Price will get the nod? I’d hedge my bets and say no, but a goaltending change like this after a huge stinkbomb of a game could be coach Jacques Martin’s way of delivering a message to the team.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)