Apr 20, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche will be without Milan Hejduk for tonight’s
Game 4 against the Sharks, as he’s been ruled out with an ‘upper body
injury’ after colliding with teammate Paul Statsny on Sunday.
in the incredible performance by Craig Anderson was how the Avalanche
were completely overmatched for most of the game by the Sharks, unable
to sustain any sort of pressure or even able to counterattack to take
the pressure of their own goaltender.
The sustained loss of
Hejduk, a veteran forward with scoring ability, takes the balance out of
the Avs’ offensive attack, especially with Peter Mueller still out with
a concussion. Colorado will lean heavily on Matt Duchene and company,
but it’s likely going to take another mammoth performance by Anderson if
the Avs hope to pull off the upset.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22