Apr 20, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche will be without Milan Hejduk for tonight’s
Game 4 against the Sharks, as he’s been ruled out with an ‘upper body
injury’ after colliding with teammate Paul Statsny on Sunday.
in the incredible performance by Craig Anderson was how the Avalanche
were completely overmatched for most of the game by the Sharks, unable
to sustain any sort of pressure or even able to counterattack to take
the pressure of their own goaltender.
The sustained loss of
Hejduk, a veteran forward with scoring ability, takes the balance out of
the Avs’ offensive attack, especially with Peter Mueller still out with
a concussion. Colorado will lean heavily on Matt Duchene and company,
but it’s likely going to take another mammoth performance by Anderson if
the Avs hope to pull off the upset.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5