Apr 20, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche will be without Milan Hejduk for tonight’s
Game 4 against the Sharks, as he’s been ruled out with an ‘upper body
injury’ after colliding with teammate Paul Statsny on Sunday.
in the incredible performance by Craig Anderson was how the Avalanche
were completely overmatched for most of the game by the Sharks, unable
to sustain any sort of pressure or even able to counterattack to take
the pressure of their own goaltender.
The sustained loss of
Hejduk, a veteran forward with scoring ability, takes the balance out of
the Avs’ offensive attack, especially with Peter Mueller still out with
a concussion. Colorado will lean heavily on Matt Duchene and company,
but it’s likely going to take another mammoth performance by Anderson if
the Avs hope to pull off the upset.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20