Apr 20, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche will be without Milan Hejduk for tonight’s
Game 4 against the Sharks, as he’s been ruled out with an ‘upper body
injury’ after colliding with teammate Paul Statsny on Sunday.
in the incredible performance by Craig Anderson was how the Avalanche
were completely overmatched for most of the game by the Sharks, unable
to sustain any sort of pressure or even able to counterattack to take
the pressure of their own goaltender.
The sustained loss of
Hejduk, a veteran forward with scoring ability, takes the balance out of
the Avs’ offensive attack, especially with Peter Mueller still out with
a concussion. Colorado will lean heavily on Matt Duchene and company,
but it’s likely going to take another mammoth performance by Anderson if
the Avs hope to pull off the upset.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23