Apr 20, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
It’s great to see the Phoenix Coyotes finally have some success and
get some positive national attention, but more importantly it’s great to
have the faithful Coyotes fans rewarded after putting with up
mediocrity for the past few years.
Watters of the Arizona Republic spoke with Scott Fisher, a die hard
Coyotes fan who flies an American flag and Coyotes flag at every home
He speaks about becoming a Coyotes fan after moving to Arizona in
1997, how Dave Tippett finally made those tough years worth it:
The arrival of Dave Tippett has brought back a franchise
that was in total disarray. He has made the Coyotes relevant once again,
and that is a very nice thing to see. I have put down a deposit to
resume being a full season-ticket holder for next season.
certainly seems to be a recurring them, how fans have become loyal
fanatics with Tippett behind the bench. His team-first approach to the
game, and how his team thrives as the underdog, has certainly connected
with the fans.
Winning helps as well.
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 14
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29