Apr 20, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
It’s great to see the Phoenix Coyotes finally have some success and
get some positive national attention, but more importantly it’s great to
have the faithful Coyotes fans rewarded after putting with up
mediocrity for the past few years.
Watters of the Arizona Republic spoke with Scott Fisher, a die hard
Coyotes fan who flies an American flag and Coyotes flag at every home
He speaks about becoming a Coyotes fan after moving to Arizona in
1997, how Dave Tippett finally made those tough years worth it:
The arrival of Dave Tippett has brought back a franchise
that was in total disarray. He has made the Coyotes relevant once again,
and that is a very nice thing to see. I have put down a deposit to
resume being a full season-ticket holder for next season.
certainly seems to be a recurring them, how fans have become loyal
fanatics with Tippett behind the bench. His team-first approach to the
game, and how his team thrives as the underdog, has certainly connected
with the fans.
Winning helps as well.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17