Apr 20, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
It’s great to see the Phoenix Coyotes finally have some success and
get some positive national attention, but more importantly it’s great to
have the faithful Coyotes fans rewarded after putting with up
mediocrity for the past few years.
Watters of the Arizona Republic spoke with Scott Fisher, a die hard
Coyotes fan who flies an American flag and Coyotes flag at every home
He speaks about becoming a Coyotes fan after moving to Arizona in
1997, how Dave Tippett finally made those tough years worth it:
The arrival of Dave Tippett has brought back a franchise
that was in total disarray. He has made the Coyotes relevant once again,
and that is a very nice thing to see. I have put down a deposit to
resume being a full season-ticket holder for next season.
certainly seems to be a recurring them, how fans have become loyal
fanatics with Tippett behind the bench. His team-first approach to the
game, and how his team thrives as the underdog, has certainly connected
with the fans.
Winning helps as well.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 39
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 70
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 9
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 24
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 32
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 65
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 35
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)