Apr 20, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
It’s great to see the Phoenix Coyotes finally have some success and
get some positive national attention, but more importantly it’s great to
have the faithful Coyotes fans rewarded after putting with up
mediocrity for the past few years.
Watters of the Arizona Republic spoke with Scott Fisher, a die hard
Coyotes fan who flies an American flag and Coyotes flag at every home
He speaks about becoming a Coyotes fan after moving to Arizona in
1997, how Dave Tippett finally made those tough years worth it:
The arrival of Dave Tippett has brought back a franchise
that was in total disarray. He has made the Coyotes relevant once again,
and that is a very nice thing to see. I have put down a deposit to
resume being a full season-ticket holder for next season.
certainly seems to be a recurring them, how fans have become loyal
fanatics with Tippett behind the bench. His team-first approach to the
game, and how his team thrives as the underdog, has certainly connected
with the fans.
Winning helps as well.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)