Apr 20, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
The Senators are making a bit of a change for tonight’s game, as they will be inserting former NHL goals-leader Jonathan Cheechoo into the lineup.
Cheechoo has been playing in the minors this season after being traded to the Senators from the San Jose Sharks as part of the Dany Heatley trade.
He’ll reportedly be playing on the fourth line, and the Senators are hoping that he can provide some kind of scoring spark and depth as the team tries to not go down 3-1 to the Penguins.
Calling up Cheechoo and putting him in the game is all well and good, but he’s not going to be creating any chances himself. Cheechoo is a perfect example of a player who needs someone to play the “setup man”, to create situations in which he can use his finishing ability.
No word of if the Senators have kidnapped Joe Thornton.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 46
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)