Apr 20, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
The Senators are making a bit of a change for tonight’s game, as they will be inserting former NHL goals-leader Jonathan Cheechoo into the lineup.
Cheechoo has been playing in the minors this season after being traded to the Senators from the San Jose Sharks as part of the Dany Heatley trade.
He’ll reportedly be playing on the fourth line, and the Senators are hoping that he can provide some kind of scoring spark and depth as the team tries to not go down 3-1 to the Penguins.
Calling up Cheechoo and putting him in the game is all well and good, but he’s not going to be creating any chances himself. Cheechoo is a perfect example of a player who needs someone to play the “setup man”, to create situations in which he can use his finishing ability.
No word of if the Senators have kidnapped Joe Thornton.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 3
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)