Apr 20, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
The Senators are making a bit of a change for tonight’s game, as they will be inserting former NHL goals-leader Jonathan Cheechoo into the lineup.
Cheechoo has been playing in the minors this season after being traded to the Senators from the San Jose Sharks as part of the Dany Heatley trade.
He’ll reportedly be playing on the fourth line, and the Senators are hoping that he can provide some kind of scoring spark and depth as the team tries to not go down 3-1 to the Penguins.
Calling up Cheechoo and putting him in the game is all well and good, but he’s not going to be creating any chances himself. Cheechoo is a perfect example of a player who needs someone to play the “setup man”, to create situations in which he can use his finishing ability.
No word of if the Senators have kidnapped Joe Thornton.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)