Apr 20, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
The Senators are making a bit of a change for tonight’s game, as they will be inserting former NHL goals-leader Jonathan Cheechoo into the lineup.
Cheechoo has been playing in the minors this season after being traded to the Senators from the San Jose Sharks as part of the Dany Heatley trade.
He’ll reportedly be playing on the fourth line, and the Senators are hoping that he can provide some kind of scoring spark and depth as the team tries to not go down 3-1 to the Penguins.
Calling up Cheechoo and putting him in the game is all well and good, but he’s not going to be creating any chances himself. Cheechoo is a perfect example of a player who needs someone to play the “setup man”, to create situations in which he can use his finishing ability.
No word of if the Senators have kidnapped Joe Thornton.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5