Apr 20, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
Updates from around a busy night of Game 4s across the NHL:
Detroit and Phoenix battle through each other in what’s become a series with a lot of sandpaper-like play. Ilya Bryzgalov has been equal to the task until late in the second when Niklas Kronwall‘s shot from the point and deflected in on a possible high-stick by Henrik Zetterberg netted the game’s first goal halfway through the second period to give Detroit a 1-0 lead. The play was reviewed and found to not be hit in illegally. Phoenix leads the series 2-1.
New Jersey and Philadelphia’s Game 4 war rages on in Philadelphia and penalties again are the story for the Flyers as the Devils have put home the game’s only goal to this point on the 5-on-3 power play courtesy of Ilya Kovalchuk. Clearly Kovalchuk’s offense stepping up for the Devils would be a welcome addition for the team that found themselves frustrated by the Flyers in Game 3. Philly leads the series 2-1.
Ottawa finds themselves in a big hole in the second period against Pittsburgh. After entering the second frame already down 1-0 thanks to Evgeni Malkin’s power play goal, the Sens got off to a worse start in the second period courtesy of back-to-back goals by Sidney Crosby and Matt Cooke. The Sens trail the series 2-1.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1