Apr 20, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
Updates from around a busy night of Game 4s across the NHL:
Detroit and Phoenix battle through each other in what’s become a series with a lot of sandpaper-like play. Ilya Bryzgalov has been equal to the task until late in the second when Niklas Kronwall‘s shot from the point and deflected in on a possible high-stick by Henrik Zetterberg netted the game’s first goal halfway through the second period to give Detroit a 1-0 lead. The play was reviewed and found to not be hit in illegally. Phoenix leads the series 2-1.
New Jersey and Philadelphia’s Game 4 war rages on in Philadelphia and penalties again are the story for the Flyers as the Devils have put home the game’s only goal to this point on the 5-on-3 power play courtesy of Ilya Kovalchuk. Clearly Kovalchuk’s offense stepping up for the Devils would be a welcome addition for the team that found themselves frustrated by the Flyers in Game 3. Philly leads the series 2-1.
Ottawa finds themselves in a big hole in the second period against Pittsburgh. After entering the second frame already down 1-0 thanks to Evgeni Malkin’s power play goal, the Sens got off to a worse start in the second period courtesy of back-to-back goals by Sidney Crosby and Matt Cooke. The Sens trail the series 2-1.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 26
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming