Apr 20, 2010, 9:37 PM EST
After a mostly lackluster effort against a fired up Coyotes team in Game 3, the Red Wings answered the bell in a big way in Game 4 taking out Phoenix 3-0 to tie the series at 2-2.
One of the major players under the microscope for Detroit after Detroit’s mostly miserable performance was Jimmy Howard and he too came up big stopping 29 shots and earning his first career playoff shutout. Henrik Zetterberg’s first period power play tip-in goal was all the Wings would need and after a replay confirmed, mostly, that he didn’t hit it in with a high stick the Wings were on their way.
Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg would score goals 25 seconds apart late in the third to ice the game away for Detroit. Phoenix goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, who was brilliant early on, stopped 32 of 35 shots in the loss for Phoenix. Game 5 will be Friday night in Phoenix.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)