Apr 20, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
After a mostly lackluster effort against a fired up Coyotes team in Game 3, the Red Wings answered the bell in a big way in Game 4 taking out Phoenix 3-0 to tie the series at 2-2.
One of the major players under the microscope for Detroit after Detroit’s mostly miserable performance was Jimmy Howard and he too came up big stopping 29 shots and earning his first career playoff shutout. Henrik Zetterberg’s first period power play tip-in goal was all the Wings would need and after a replay confirmed, mostly, that he didn’t hit it in with a high stick the Wings were on their way.
Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg would score goals 25 seconds apart late in the third to ice the game away for Detroit. Phoenix goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, who was brilliant early on, stopped 32 of 35 shots in the loss for Phoenix. Game 5 will be Friday night in Phoenix.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)