Apr 20, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
After a mostly lackluster effort against a fired up Coyotes team in Game 3, the Red Wings answered the bell in a big way in Game 4 taking out Phoenix 3-0 to tie the series at 2-2.
One of the major players under the microscope for Detroit after Detroit’s mostly miserable performance was Jimmy Howard and he too came up big stopping 29 shots and earning his first career playoff shutout. Henrik Zetterberg’s first period power play tip-in goal was all the Wings would need and after a replay confirmed, mostly, that he didn’t hit it in with a high stick the Wings were on their way.
Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg would score goals 25 seconds apart late in the third to ice the game away for Detroit. Phoenix goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, who was brilliant early on, stopped 32 of 35 shots in the loss for Phoenix. Game 5 will be Friday night in Phoenix.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)