Apr 20, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
After a mostly lackluster effort against a fired up Coyotes team in Game 3, the Red Wings answered the bell in a big way in Game 4 taking out Phoenix 3-0 to tie the series at 2-2.
One of the major players under the microscope for Detroit after Detroit’s mostly miserable performance was Jimmy Howard and he too came up big stopping 29 shots and earning his first career playoff shutout. Henrik Zetterberg’s first period power play tip-in goal was all the Wings would need and after a replay confirmed, mostly, that he didn’t hit it in with a high stick the Wings were on their way.
Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg would score goals 25 seconds apart late in the third to ice the game away for Detroit. Phoenix goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, who was brilliant early on, stopped 32 of 35 shots in the loss for Phoenix. Game 5 will be Friday night in Phoenix.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 2
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)