Apr 19, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Earlier today, I touched on William Houston’s squabble with Pension Plan Puppets (via Houston’s surprising comments toward James Mirtle). After receiving critiques from a wide variety sources, it seems that Houston is ready to apologize. Here’s what he posted a short while ago.
On Friday, I deleted a paragraph from a previous posting that made fun of the appearance Chris Zelkovich. It had to do with a photo in the Star of Chris wearing 3D glasses, and it was a cheap shot – unfair and juvenile. Zelkovich is a competitor, in a sense, but I don’t even know the guy. I met him once, and the conversation was short and perfunctory. I’ve made my share of mistakes as a journalist. This attempt to comment humorously about Zelkovich was one of them.
Now, to James Mirtle, a blogger and Globe and Mail journalist: Too harsh in my criticism. The piece in question was poorly reported, I felt. It’s still up, in the previous column, if you wish to see it.
On Friday afternoon, we took down the two columns that I had written because the comments section was getting hammered with some pretty vicious stuff. The only way to get rid of them was to remove the entire postings. I’m okay with taking a hit. God knows I’ve dished out plenty. But this abuse, by people who post comments without using their real names, got out of hand.
Well, I guess it’s better late than never, right? Probably a good choice to start monitoring the comments going forward, though.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 53
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 44
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)