Apr 19, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Earlier today, I touched on William Houston’s squabble with Pension Plan Puppets (via Houston’s surprising comments toward James Mirtle). After receiving critiques from a wide variety sources, it seems that Houston is ready to apologize. Here’s what he posted a short while ago.
On Friday, I deleted a paragraph from a previous posting that made fun of the appearance Chris Zelkovich. It had to do with a photo in the Star of Chris wearing 3D glasses, and it was a cheap shot – unfair and juvenile. Zelkovich is a competitor, in a sense, but I don’t even know the guy. I met him once, and the conversation was short and perfunctory. I’ve made my share of mistakes as a journalist. This attempt to comment humorously about Zelkovich was one of them.
Now, to James Mirtle, a blogger and Globe and Mail journalist: Too harsh in my criticism. The piece in question was poorly reported, I felt. It’s still up, in the previous column, if you wish to see it.
On Friday afternoon, we took down the two columns that I had written because the comments section was getting hammered with some pretty vicious stuff. The only way to get rid of them was to remove the entire postings. I’m okay with taking a hit. God knows I’ve dished out plenty. But this abuse, by people who post comments without using their real names, got out of hand.
Well, I guess it’s better late than never, right? Probably a good choice to start monitoring the comments going forward, though.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)