Apr 19, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Earlier today, I touched on William Houston’s squabble with Pension Plan Puppets (via Houston’s surprising comments toward James Mirtle). After receiving critiques from a wide variety sources, it seems that Houston is ready to apologize. Here’s what he posted a short while ago.
On Friday, I deleted a paragraph from a previous posting that made fun of the appearance Chris Zelkovich. It had to do with a photo in the Star of Chris wearing 3D glasses, and it was a cheap shot – unfair and juvenile. Zelkovich is a competitor, in a sense, but I don’t even know the guy. I met him once, and the conversation was short and perfunctory. I’ve made my share of mistakes as a journalist. This attempt to comment humorously about Zelkovich was one of them.
Now, to James Mirtle, a blogger and Globe and Mail journalist: Too harsh in my criticism. The piece in question was poorly reported, I felt. It’s still up, in the previous column, if you wish to see it.
On Friday afternoon, we took down the two columns that I had written because the comments section was getting hammered with some pretty vicious stuff. The only way to get rid of them was to remove the entire postings. I’m okay with taking a hit. God knows I’ve dished out plenty. But this abuse, by people who post comments without using their real names, got out of hand.
Well, I guess it’s better late than never, right? Probably a good choice to start monitoring the comments going forward, though.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)