Apr 19, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan took a nasty spill into the boards during Sunday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings, so it’s no surprise that Kevin Allen of USA Today just Tweeted that he’s day-to-day.
Shane Doan skated briefly Monday and he’s day-to-day. Tippett said Coyotes may know at morning skate whether Doan will play Game 4
It’s not as if the Coyotes fell apart without their captain (they won against the Red Wings 4-2), but Doan has really been throwing his body around in this series. He’s not quite the scoring threat he used to be, but he’s still an emotional leader for a scrappy bunch of hockey vagabonds.
No word yet on whether or not he’ll play in Tuesday’s Game 4. We’ll let you know when (or if) we find out more about Doan’s health.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 30
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)