Apr 19, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan took a nasty spill into the boards during Sunday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings, so it’s no surprise that Kevin Allen of USA Today just Tweeted that he’s day-to-day.
Shane Doan skated briefly Monday and he’s day-to-day. Tippett said Coyotes may know at morning skate whether Doan will play Game 4
It’s not as if the Coyotes fell apart without their captain (they won against the Red Wings 4-2), but Doan has really been throwing his body around in this series. He’s not quite the scoring threat he used to be, but he’s still an emotional leader for a scrappy bunch of hockey vagabonds.
No word yet on whether or not he’ll play in Tuesday’s Game 4. We’ll let you know when (or if) we find out more about Doan’s health.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)