Apr 19, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan took a nasty spill into the boards during Sunday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings, so it’s no surprise that Kevin Allen of USA Today just Tweeted that he’s day-to-day.
Shane Doan skated briefly Monday and he’s day-to-day. Tippett said Coyotes may know at morning skate whether Doan will play Game 4
It’s not as if the Coyotes fell apart without their captain (they won against the Red Wings 4-2), but Doan has really been throwing his body around in this series. He’s not quite the scoring threat he used to be, but he’s still an emotional leader for a scrappy bunch of hockey vagabonds.
No word yet on whether or not he’ll play in Tuesday’s Game 4. We’ll let you know when (or if) we find out more about Doan’s health.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)