Apr 19, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan took a nasty spill into the boards during Sunday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings, so it’s no surprise that Kevin Allen of USA Today just Tweeted that he’s day-to-day.
Shane Doan skated briefly Monday and he’s day-to-day. Tippett said Coyotes may know at morning skate whether Doan will play Game 4
It’s not as if the Coyotes fell apart without their captain (they won against the Red Wings 4-2), but Doan has really been throwing his body around in this series. He’s not quite the scoring threat he used to be, but he’s still an emotional leader for a scrappy bunch of hockey vagabonds.
No word yet on whether or not he’ll play in Tuesday’s Game 4. We’ll let you know when (or if) we find out more about Doan’s health.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)