Apr 19, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan took a nasty spill into the boards during Sunday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings, so it’s no surprise that Kevin Allen of USA Today just Tweeted that he’s day-to-day.
Shane Doan skated briefly Monday and he’s day-to-day. Tippett said Coyotes may know at morning skate whether Doan will play Game 4
It’s not as if the Coyotes fell apart without their captain (they won against the Red Wings 4-2), but Doan has really been throwing his body around in this series. He’s not quite the scoring threat he used to be, but he’s still an emotional leader for a scrappy bunch of hockey vagabonds.
No word yet on whether or not he’ll play in Tuesday’s Game 4. We’ll let you know when (or if) we find out more about Doan’s health.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 25
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)